Departments, Buttons and Merging

Set it all up the same as you. I broke a couple things, i can’t track down what i’m missing.

The entered name isn’t carrying over to the menu screen. The Menu screen is missing some of its features, the cancel item button is missing and the void button is grey’d out.

Also i can’t close the ticket, so it gets stuck on the menu screen and the only way back is to gift all the items. Doing this doesn’t save the ticket in the list.

On the other hand, If I click the button and cancel the ticket right away, I can create a ticket using my old start delivery and start pickup systems and it will list it. So the list is working so far.

Ensure you added all 3 Entity Types to your Ticket Type.

Ensure you set your Custom Entity Screen to use one of your Entity Types - I chose Deliveries as the Entity Type for the Screen, and there is at least one area in the Automation where that Type is hard-coded, so you should use Deliveries as well.

One thing you could try to start over:

• Delete all NC Rules, NC Actions, and NC Automation Commands
  • Delete the Entity Screen
  • Re-import Entity Screen and Automation

P.S. there is one small catch I have yet to workout. I attempted to prevent duplicate Entity creation, and it works “ok”, but it is Case-Sensitive. SambaPOS will crash if an Entity of the same Type has a duplicate name. I need to find a work-around for this. @emre, is there a string function I can use like .tolower() or .toupper() ? This would suffice for detecting duplicate creation and selection.

You might be right, probably some things crossed over incorrectly, I’m going to delete all the NC Stuff and import all 3 of your files, see how that goes.

Still the same issue, I copied over my old setup from before I started all of this.

You can’t close the Ticket because there is no Entity assigned to it. So this is the root of your problem here:

We need to figure out why that is.

I know this can be caused by missing Entity Types in your Ticket Type. Try removing them, then re-add them. Then Logout / Login to reset cache…

Whats your ticket type called? I named mine Delivery, is that going to cause an issue?

Can you send me a backup of your system? I can try and see what Is missing.

I cannot send you a backup of my DB since it contains private info.

I just renamed my Ticket Type to Deliveries and it still works fine. NOTE: I have only one Ticket Type…

So it turns out I had to add the create customer action from earlier posts into the new rules. I’m not sure if this is what the problem was but it seems to have made it work. Do you mind checking this for me?

Everything else is the same as your post

The action called NC Create Entity should have taken care of this.

It may be that your Automation Command button on your Entity Screen is not set up to pass the proper [:CommandValue]

In the files you uploaded you have a Constraint in BC Create Entity ‘{ENTITY NAME}’==’’

I tried Removing it and now its causing a crash.

Yes, the Constraint is intended to avoid the crash. You will need it to be there.

But it is something I am still working on trying to figure out. The issue is that if you create an Entity of the same Type and Name more than once within the same period, SambaPOS crashes with the error:

Sequence Contains more than one matching element

I am almost certain this has to do with attempting to Load a duplicated Entity, so I am trying to develop a workaround to avoid this, but so far it is eluding me.

I have it beat. Here is a new Automation import file.

NC_DeliveryPickupTakeaway_Automation.zip (1.9 KB)

And for consistency, these files are unchanged, but I will re-attach them here:

NC_DeliveryPickupTakeaway_EntityTypes.zip (557 Bytes)
NC_DeliveryPickupTakeaway_EntityScreen.zip (1.4 KB)

1 Like

Excellent! That worked perfectly

Okay I take that back, sometimes it carries the name over and works fine, Sometimes its breaks and it just says new ticket and again i can’t close the ticket and have to gift items to close it.

Another thing I need to fix is when I select a table from my table screen, it keeps the previous ticket type. How do I make it change back to Tables? I have it all in one ticket type now so we can use the same ticket, just need to change the tag back to Table.

EDIT: Seems like I fixed it, if anyone runs into similar issue, feel free to message me.

I do still need to fix the table thing though.

Good to hear. Without knowing more about your setup, it is difficult to know where to update this.

Its a custom table screen with Entity Buttons, I assume there is a rule that is fired when a table button is pressed, If i can find the rule I can just add the action to store ticket type and set it to Restaurant.

Create a new Ticking Closing Rule so that the TicketType is reset.

If you wish, you could put Restaurant in here, but I chose to leave it blank.

P.S. you may already be aware of this, but this setting is not really a Ticket Type - it is just stored under the name TicketType, and it is used to Update Ticket State and Tag the Ticket.

That fixed it, Now I need to fix my printer template and i’ll be done with this. What tags do I use to add the Customers name and the Ticket type to my printer template?

Somewhere in your Template(s) use this placeholder:

{ENTITIES}

Then near the end of the Template create a section for each of your Entity Types, as such:

[ENTITIES:Table]
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
<J00>Cust: {ENTITY NAME}|Bal: {ENTITY BALANCE}

[ENTITIES:Delivery]
<L00>Delivery: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Pickup]
<L00>Pickup: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Takeaway]
<L00>Takeaway: {ENTITY NAME}

For the Ticket Tag, place this in your Template where you want it to appear:

{TICKET TAG:TicketType}