Design Mode as Basic User?

I was able to access Design Mode as a Basic User, when I was wiping down the keyboard. Any idea how this might have happened?

Show the user permissions for that user.

You set it to confirm admin pin effectively giving it admin privileges. Try turning that off. Also any management settings?

A regular user would not be able to confirm an admin pin

Thank you very much. Is this the Management settings?

Yes so when taking the confirm admin pin option off does it fix it?

I mashed all the keyboard buttons, but can’t seem to reproduce it, even with the “Confirm Admin Pin” box checked.

Were you in design mode as an admin and forget to exit it when logging out? Also might be a hidden keyboard shortcut for it. Not sure about that though.

No, I was not in Design mode previously. And there is a Right Click button on the keyboard, but it doesn’t do anything as a Basic User.

Ctrl-Shift-D is the keyboard shortcut for Design Mode. That shortcut will put any User into Design Mode, whether they are an Admin or not.

Also, logging out an Admin while in Design Mode will allow a regular User to Login and Design Mode will still be active.

These are both BUGS, @Tayfun

2 Likes

Uh oh, that’s not good. Will it be fixed?

Not sure. Hard to say these days.

I don’t think they gave a date.

It should work fine on next update.

1 Like

The keyboard shortcut to Design Mode issue was fixed, but …
"logging out an Admin while in Design Mode will allow a regular User to Login and Design Mode "

was NOT fixed. It’s not a common scenario that admin logs out while in design mode, BUT a regular user should never have access to design mode!

The current behaviour (up to V5.2.23) is that Design Mode survives a Logout and Login, and that way a normal user can make changes to widget settings. Those changes can’t be saved by the normal user but when the admin logs in and exits design mode, the widget settings change in a way which becomes confusing until the app is restarted.

Design changes made by normal user are not saved to the db and exist in cache only.
So this bug can be safely set to low priority, BUT normal users should never be able to enter design mode, so it needs to be fixed sometime.

1 Like