Disable Accounts until Work Period Starts

Hi everyone, I searched the forum without luck: how to disable Accounts button until Work Period Starts? just like the POS button show a message and doesn’t let the user enter that screen while work period is closed, thanks in advance.

Are you using “Custom Navigation”? If not, it’s a good idea to start becasue then you can use automation rules and actions to control what happens within your main menu. (Start by searching on the forum for infomation on “Custom Navigation”).

Once you are using custom navigation, take a look at this post from @QMcKay

This explains how you can control the opening and closing of work periods. Crucially, as you open or close the work periof you can create a program variable to store the value of the current work period state. By doing this, you can then use this stored value in some logic on you main menu button. For example:

This rule will show a message if the WP is closed, and show the accounts screen if the WP is open. You’ll need to have created “Show message” and “Navigate” actions before you create this rule.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the info, I’ll try it!

UPDATE: Done, all what I needed was this line: ‘{SETTING:ISCURRENTWORKPERIODOPEN}’==‘TRUE’

I wrote that setting in my action rule constraints, thanks so much @mjb2000

1 Like