DISCOUNT - Any Item - Ask Fixed Percent

kendash ru available or interested in helping me modify the pre build database for a fee?

ok i got it working after mapping them all but when i apply the 10% off it does not change the dollar amount of the item ?

i did read the welcome screen i followed all doe steps when i created my own database that i disposed of i even had my full menue items in it . i have also gone through the wiki , last 3 weeks i have been spending alot of time on this what ever i can spare ,i have gotten better but there is alot that i still dont get ,i have to do the tutorials and try to learn and hope it will get clearer as i do them .

i went over mapping and all works good when discount button is engaged it asks 5% off 10 % off etc when u select any of percent off it takes comand .under item on ticket it says 10% off , only problem is the dollar value of item does not change trying to figure that out .thx
if i select item again and click on discount button and select 105 again it goes ahead and removes it .so everything is functioning right other than it not changing the items dollar amount ? i hope someone can help me with this please

Show screenshots of what you have done it’s probably a typo

I moved 16 posts to a new topic: Off Topic comments

Rule to Tag Order with Percentage:
Rule to UnTag Order (REMOVE Percentage Amount):
Rule to Apply Discount Price Change:
Rule to REMOVE Discount Price Change:

on these 5 rules ,the mapping should i just leave mapping **** and save ,if not can someone help me as to what mapping should be .thx

when i choose discount percent nothing happens on item

All rules should have default mapping so yes it should be all *

Did you make the order tags? I don’t see those in your screens.

1 Like

You still have not shown the order tags. Go back through the tutorial you may have missed a crucial step. The order tags were the first step in the tutorial.

sorry for not posting them up first i ran into same problem when i used youre database also 2 days ago .

i believe all is up if missing somethin g let me know ill post but i have gone thre the tutorial and did all the steps

All Rules must have a default mapping (* * * *) for them to work. If they have no mapping, they are effectively disabled, and will do nothing.

Re-check that your Rules have mappings. Rules that do not have mappings will be grey in color, to indicate they are inactive/disabled.

Your tags are named as:

***DISCOUNT 05%
***DISCOUNT 10%
etc.

The 2 Actions that Tag and Untag the order can not identify them, because the Actions are looking for this:

*** DISCOUNT [:TagVal]%

Note the space after ***, and before the word DISCOUNT.

Either change the Tags to match the Actions, or change the Actions to match the Tags.

1 Like

A good lesson for beginners when following tutorials pay special attention to punctuation, spelling , and spaces etc. we see it over and over people say they followed a tutorial exact when in reality they misspelled something or missed a space or punctuation/case sensitivity.

1 Like

the rule Automation Command to APPLY Percentage
the mapping says not to do anything in tutorial.so i did not ,so it is greyed out ,do i need to put *** there?
i will correct the space on discounts now and get back to u guys .
and yes i am that newbie i have been working on this for 3 weeks with all available time ,reading the stuff up late at night and last 4 days trying to implament what i read from morning till 2am non stop ,i’m sorry i am a bit slow and i am going by the info on the page as best as i can .i am asking questions cause i need extra help