DISCOUNT - Any Item - Ask Fixed Percent

when i choose discount percent nothing happens on item

All rules should have default mapping so yes it should be all *

Did you make the order tags? I don’t see those in your screens.

1 Like

You still have not shown the order tags. Go back through the tutorial you may have missed a crucial step. The order tags were the first step in the tutorial.

sorry for not posting them up first i ran into same problem when i used youre database also 2 days ago .

i believe all is up if missing somethin g let me know ill post but i have gone thre the tutorial and did all the steps

All Rules must have a default mapping (* * * *) for them to work. If they have no mapping, they are effectively disabled, and will do nothing.

Re-check that your Rules have mappings. Rules that do not have mappings will be grey in color, to indicate they are inactive/disabled.

Your tags are named as:

***DISCOUNT 05%
***DISCOUNT 10%
etc.

The 2 Actions that Tag and Untag the order can not identify them, because the Actions are looking for this:

*** DISCOUNT [:TagVal]%

Note the space after ***, and before the word DISCOUNT.

Either change the Tags to match the Actions, or change the Actions to match the Tags.

1 Like

A good lesson for beginners when following tutorials pay special attention to punctuation, spelling , and spaces etc. we see it over and over people say they followed a tutorial exact when in reality they misspelled something or missed a space or punctuation/case sensitivity.

1 Like

the rule Automation Command to APPLY Percentage
the mapping says not to do anything in tutorial.so i did not ,so it is greyed out ,do i need to put *** there?
i will correct the space on discounts now and get back to u guys .
and yes i am that newbie i have been working on this for 3 weeks with all available time ,reading the stuff up late at night and last 4 days trying to implament what i read from morning till 2am non stop ,i’m sorry i am a bit slow and i am going by the info on the page as best as i can .i am asking questions cause i need extra help

If the tutorial says no mapping then it means no mapping. Mapping for automation commands is not the same as it is for rules. Rules always need mapping.

Btw you called it a rule but an automation command is not a rule.

1 Like

no luck it asks question and when i select % off nothing happens to ticket

Try 10 or 50% … does it work?

A problem with your Ask Question Action:

05%=5,10%=10,50%=50,X=0

Try this:

05%=05,10%=10,50%=50,X=0

The Rules parse substrings and expect 2-character values in [:CommandValue] which is what is sent in the Apply Rule from the Ask Question Action. Again, this is to match the Tags. 5 does not match 05.

it did not work, if u press any of them nothing happens ,
now if i go to order tag and in mapping i select ******
i get following result look at picture i get added buttons on right side where menue items go . now if i select one of does 3 buttons ,it adds the blue line *** discount 10% under item but again it does not do the math i will post pictures next ,now i know on order tag mapping should be left blank .

The tutorial says to leave mapping blank. Follow the tutorial and it will work. If it’s not working then you missed something.

You have not changed your Order Tags to include the space between *** and DISCOUNT. Did you change the Un/Tag Order Actions instead?

yes i did say tutrial says to leave blank i was just experimenting with what i 'm learning ,i just wanted to share that with everyone as when i revert to the proper way i dont even get the discount line come up under item .,i think i’m going to take the advice of the other user that had same issue and delte all and use other tutorial which is discount with any amount because this seems to be not working for few of us out here .