Discount using Order Tag

Thank you so much, it worked exactly how it should be no way i could have figured that out, that is the first part.

As for the second part, we changed our mind because the 6 discounts are per member, if you get a group with 2 or more members then we will need to give 12, 18 and so on discounts.

One more request, is it possible to show the amounts of discount on the receipt? if yes, then please explain.

Regards,
Michael

@compwize the problem with your approach is you call Tag Order action in Order Tagged rule and since Tag Order action triggers Order Tagged rule recursively that executes Tag Order action again and it doesn’t work.

The one issue with using order tags buttons is changing tags for submitted orders is not possible through order tag selector screen so you can only add discount for new orders. If it is not an issue for you, you can try solving it by using two set of order tags. Define first group for buttons and second group for tagging orders. When a button clicked untag it and tag order again with second tag group. You can define second group as Hidden so you won’t see buttons for that group.

hi emre, thanks for your reply. I have done what Q​Mc​Kay suggested and delivered exactly what i needed so that got sorted.

Just one more thing, how to print the total discounts eared in the customer receipt.

Regards,
Michael

Guys one more thing, how to print the total discounts eared in the customer receipt.

@QMcKay, I have gone through this but it seems that the price was not changed. Did I miss out something?

@neko, Did you add default mappings to Rules?

@emre, this would work better if we could access the Tag Price. Is there syntax for retrieving [:OrderTagPrice]?

We can get [:OrderTagName] and [:OrderTagValue], but it would be nice to be able to replace the value 10 with something like [:OrderTagPrice] in this formula:

[=Order.Model.GetVisiblePrice()/(1-(10/100))]

Added! Since I’ve recently uploaded it will be available on next (41) update.

1 Like

I did add the default mapping. Let me see if 4.1.39 has this issue and the 40 version has fixed this

@QMcKay, I got the same thing. price is not changed when click on the discount % button

Forget it. I found the typo. It executes twice the rule as the second rule to remove the tag is configured wrongly to ‘Order Tagged’ instead of ‘Order Untagged’.

Thanks

1 Like

Alternate method which allows using a single Rule for Tagging and a single Rule for UnTagging.

This eliminates the need for multiple Rules for each of the different Percent Discount Amounts. For example, the previous method required a separate Rule for Tagging each of the percentage amounts (10,20,30,40,50) = 5 Rules, plus a separate Rule for UnTagging each of the percentage amounts (10,20,30,40,50) = 5 Rules, for a Total of 10 required Rules.

This modified method requires a Total of only 2 Rules; 1 for Tagging, and 1 for UnTagging.

Order Tag setup for Discount Percent of 10,20,30,40,50:

Action to compute Price Change:

Rule to Apply Percent Discount (Order Tagged):

[=(Order.Model.GetVisiblePrice()-(Order.Model.GetVisiblePrice()*TN('[:OrderTagValue]'.substr(13,2))/100))]

Rule to Remove Percent Discount (Order UnTagged):

[=Order.Model.GetVisiblePrice()/(1-(TN('[:OrderTagValue]'.substr(13,2))/100))]

2 Likes

Did anyone assist the movie Limitless??
it seems a lot of people here are using those pills… I would realllllllly like some…
this:

[=(Order.Model.GetVisiblePrice()-(Order.Model.GetVisiblePrice()*TN('[:OrderTagValue]'.substr(13,2))/100))]

is not possible to achive without them…

so… @QMcKay, I am sending you in a private mail my address, and you send me some of those pills…

Thanks!!!

G.

1 Like

LOL, great movie! :smile:

@QMcKay

Excellent discount implementation. I just implemented them and they work fantastic.

Any chance you can write a tutorial fro two additional discounts?

E.G.

1. “% Discount” this should ask the user to enter a discount based on percentage. 1-100.
  2. “$ Off Discount” this should ask the user to enter a discount based on dollars Off per item.

We should move these to tutorial section as they satisfy very well discount portion of SambaPOS.

Thanks in advance,

Something I have learned that is so valuable with this program… the more you try to understand how it actually works, the core of each function etc, the easier it gets to mold it how you want. It would take a lot of resources to come up with a super detailed Help file that shows all syntax etc but this forum is a wealth of knowledge. I have found myself just reading every post I can for information that helps me understand how it flows even if I am not planning on implementing it… I learn how to do something that may not be shown in a tutorial etc just by understanding the logic.

And this is what makes this program so great… the flexibility and how you can get desired results by creating a process within the environment that may not have been originally intended but it works!

2 Likes

Hi people,

why after following the suggestions of @QMcKay and implemented correctly, I find in the commands on the screen at the right price of the discounted product (I set that I will change the price of the product and do not add to the price tag), but when I print i have the original price of the product even if the total of the bill is right and it includes the discount?

In my printer template there is:

[ORDERS]
- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
* {ORDER TAG NAME}|{ORDER TAG PRICE}

I’ve highlighted possible tags that you can use instead of price. {TOTAL AMOUNT} should work fine.

3 Likes

Good. It works. Thanks.

I moved 4 posts to an existing topic: Discount Specific Item Groups + Order Tag/Price Modifiers

I moved a post to an existing topic: Discount Specific Item Groups + Order Tag/Price Modifiers