Do not understand Mapping

Trying to follow the Happy Hour tutorial. I am to a part that talks about rules and it says All rules require default MApping. Could I have a little help with what that means?

From you screenshot just click on Mappings. If you see * then that is default. Normally creating new rule already have that so, basically you don’t have to do anything.

1 Like

It is right there. The Mapping tab. The default mapping is * * * * *

SambaPOS 5 automatically makes that default mapping for you when you create a Rule. Older versions (V4) did not, so it had to be added manually.

The Tutorial was originally created in V4, so that disclaimer “All rules require default Mapping” was important to mention because Rules with no Mapping are “inactive” and will not be triggered.

I am trying to follow your tutorial to add and end Happy Hour times. I have been fine up until this part to have to add 4 examples of HH Store HH Day and time. It only allows me to create 1

Your question has been answered in the other Topic.

What topic are you referring to?

I bet it has been ask and answer many times in that topic.

@QMcKay even have separate tutorial for that.

1 Like

As per your tutorial I have to do the “HH store HH day and time” 4 times but from the “Action list” it only allows me to select it once. I am confused

Or if you just search

1 Like