Duplicate entity fields like name,phone and etc

Hi there… Im still trying to enable duplicate entry of customer name and phone numbr but still im getting crash error report when there is duplicate name for either one of the field.

These are my rule and actions please let me know if I did wrong in any of them

Ok so your case is somewhat unique but its not anything specifically complicated. You said in the past your customers may share same name and same phone number so this means to enable entities like that you need a third Custom field with unique identifier and that field needs to be set as Primary in Entity Type. You are creating Entities using an action so I will demonstrate the basics of how this works using {RANDOM:X} as a way to assign a random unique identifier.

Before we do this I think you are still struggling with why its crashing because despite multiple explanations you seem to still keep implementing the wrong thing and getting the crash. The crash is because you can not have multiple entities with same name for Primary Field…Its really that simple. So if you set Phone Number as primary field this means you can never have two entities with same Phone Number. If you set Address as primary field then you cant have two entities with same address. If you set Snakes as primary field then you cant have two entities with same snakes.

Here is basic way to use the Create Entity action and to create entities that share same name and phone number.

Create Entity Action:

Assign Entity to Ticket Action:

Entity Type Setup:

The Rule that Creates the Entity and Assigns it to ticket:

Action and Rule to handle if Customer Changes Mind and Presses Cancel while entering Name and Phone Number:

Store customer name and phone as a ticket tag. I doubt you need entities.

You can customize this further to your needs. Few things you could do is add some masks to Phone Number format, Customer Number, etc. You can also change the way it displays on ticket I just set it as a quick example

@Johnson_O emre has the same sugestion as I mentioned on the other thread.
As you as not using entities like table tabs and just for reference on ticket/prints ticket tag would easiest option.

What I would then do to make recalling the ticket easier is either have them all go to a single Kiosk entity so you can open them by going to that kiosk entity and selecting the corasponding ticket from the list of tickets.

Another option which have seen many do is use a barcode of the ticket id on the kiosk print out and scanner at counter to scran and setup to open that ticket automaticly.

Ticket Tag might be easiest yes but with Entities he can expand it eventually to include Customer Accounts etc. If he still cant grasp entities then I agree Ticket Tag might be best route until he learns more of how Entities work.

Hi guys I tried to create a ticket tag and add it to the ticket created rule but now “Enter your Name” field are not showing. Did I do any of the steps wrongly?

Your value field is wrong, you should have [?Enter Your Name] like you have done for your update entity.

OK now it works but there is a problem. Now ticket is not printing after i click on click here to print your bill. I set the printer type to notepad and it works all the way until now and i have not touch print jobs as well.

these are my print rule and ticket created rule

Are you still getting the payment options ask questions?

Yes Im getting it.

Anyway I noticed the “Click here to print your bill” button is now activated even when there is no food selected, which is wrong. Is there anyway to fire the button only after a food selection is made?

Now its fired before any food is selected

You need to change the enabled mapping of the automation command (button).

Now both continue ordering and return to order screen is not working. It close the ticket when i click on both button. I did not do anything to any of the rules and actions.

UPDATES Ok I have sort of “Solved” the issue. Both the continue ordering and return to order screen buttons works now after I RE-ENTER the previous rule to ticket created rule and also removed the ticket tag rule

I tried to change to the following and the print bill button is not clickable before and after an order is selected

@JTRTech Now I encountered a serious problem. After i select food the fields will appear asking for customer name and phone and etc which is correct. but whenever i select food, the screen will keep popping out asking to submit the fields again

This screen shot doesnt say much sorry…

Ok.
So what have you changed since we had it working?

Ok I got it fixed… I just need to switch the action rule for create entity action to be on top of assign customer entity. but the print bill button issue is still not fix. its still showing before an order is made, and i tried to enable the states but its still not working

Please advise me on how to make the ticket tag work for the duplicate entry of fields…

Am i doing the correct set up? Because when i applied these rule and action, printer is not working, my ask questions buttons are not working correctly as well

Ticket tag will not be effected by multiple entries as its per ticket and not a ‘unique value’ required in database.
Also it wouldn’t show on the ticket unless you added a template expression to show it.
You might need to add something to get ticket started as after close as ticket tag would need a ticket to be started I believe.

Anyway, Right let’s tackle one thing at a time to save confusion.
Let’s start from the beginning of the workflow which I think will be the ask questions where does it go wrong?

Ok. When i removed assigned entity and create customer entity and replace with the ticket tag action (Customer Name TAG) from ticket created action rule, the “continue ordering” and “return to order screen” ask question buttons stop working (it close the ticket when either both button is selected)

The ticket is also not printing. And when i remove the ticket tag action and replace it back with assign customer entity and create customer entity everything went back to normal