EBT, Food Stamp support on Samba

I believe it can work, can you help me implement this calculation, Any help will be appreciated.

Again Thanks a Lot Emre.

Nice! We’ll need a feature for limiting EBT payments to suited orders. I’m about to release a new update. After releasing it I’ll implement limiting feature and prepare a tutorial about it.

Great, I’ll be waiting for new release and implement the new feature. Once implemented I’ll provide feedback.

Thanks a lot for your help !!!

I’ve implemented it and I think it really works great. I hope to release it today and I’ll start preparing tutorials. Thanks.

Great I’ll be waiting for the release and giving it run. Thanks for all the hard work you put into making Samba such an Awesome software.!!

Hello.

1. Read [New 4.1.14] Custom Product Tags tutorial and implement custom Payment tag for your products and tag allowed products with EBT tag.
  2. Read [New 4.1.14] Limiting Payments by Payment Type tutorial to update allowed orders state as EBT, Create EBT payment type and configure order state filter.

While you are doing these I’ll prepare a tutorial for tax deductions here.

I will give it a try and let you know hoe it works. Thanks a lot for your help

Emre thanks again for a beautiful solution. It’s almost there just a couple more questions.

1. How can i remove the tax amount from the Product once I select the type of payment (EBT) in my case Sodexo on your tutorial. It does’t clear the tax amount for that Product.

It’s looking amazing !!!
Thanks for all the help.

Hello. I Assume you’ve configured payment types, product tags and tax templates. On this sample I’ll assume Tax Rate is %10.

We’ll start by creating an Account for Tax Deductions.

… and the Transaction Type for tax deductions.

I’ll create a Calculation Type for Tax Deductions.

Please notice Calculation Type is Fixed Amount since we’ll update this amount dynamically. I’ve enabled Decrease Amountsetting. I’ve also enabled Include Tax setting so this calculation will work after tax calculation.

I’ll create an action to update this calculation.

… and finally the rule that handles EBT payments.

[=TN('{PAYMENT TOTAL:EBT}')*0.1]

This is a special custom expression that calculates tax deduction amount. We multiply EBT payment total * 0.1 because our tax rate is %10.

Let’s see how it works.

This is a sample ticket.

EBT limit is 5,25

So when we receive 5.25 EBT Payment it deducted 0,52 tax. Since this value calculated from payment amount it will work great for partial EBT payment cases.

Finally I want to show Accounts Screen

1,42 tax applied, 0,52 deducted because of EBT payments and 0,90 Due…

Makes sense?

I’ll Implement this process now and keep you informed. As always Thanks for Your Help!!

Emre,
It works like a charm !!!
Words can not express my gratitude for the hard work you do for all us. This Solution makes Samba a Force to be dealt with in my honest opinion. I’ll be promoting Samba as a real solution for a lot business locally I truly believe you will have great success in your future just for your kindness and hard work. If in any way you believe i can help I’ll be more than willing to do so. I will like to know alternatives to make Donations on behalf of my friends who are using Samba and want to express their gratitude

Again Thanks for all the help you have provided us !!!1.

You can help us for our presentation. Of course if you have time for that…

We Will prepare Video presentation in the Spanish language if thats OK with you .

Great! Of course it is OK with me. A 5~10 seconds video in Spanish will be really awesome. If it can be in front of SambaPOS terminal it will be even more awesome :slight_smile: Thank you in advance for helping us on our presentation.

Tomorrow we will work on getting this task accomplished,!!!

1 Like

@emre Hello again, Samba POS is evolving at an astonishing pace. I need some help, I’m trying to implement samba in a supermarket environment and the solution for EBT payments you developed works like a charm. The scenario changes with the calculations you created for us last time. Now we have some items at rate of 1% tax and others at 6% tax all Tax Templates are set, my question is how i prepare the calculations base on order tag (EBT) and tax rate for given item group code where only the % of a given item get deducted from total when EBT payment is selected.

Again Thanks to all the Samba POS Team for an amazing software

@tingol the hard part about this configuration is determining which items paid with EBT. Since tax deduction calculation depends to Payment Amount we need to know which items that payment covers to calculate tax deduction. Do you have an idea about how we can know which items paid with EBT?

@emre. Thanks for your fast response. As per before your idea of utilizing custom product tags works flawlessly, The only issue i found is the different tax rates on different items, so i was thinking if in the calculation instead of the special custom expression [=TN(’{PAYMENT TOTAL:EBT}’)*0.1] we could use something like {ORDER TAX RATE:X} to deduct the tax from the items that have the custom tag =EBT.

Again Thanks for all the help!

We can easily support that tag but I doubt if it will work when customer pays %50 of EBT products with EBT Card. Does is always gets fully paid?

@emre No, Normally that kind of transaction is more like 75% on EBT and 25% either Cash or ATM card.