Editor Widget Value Restore

Hi,

Currently i am trying Editor Widget to enter float value, its working fine as its store data in settings. But when i close the entity screen and reopen it again editor widget show blank.

Is it possible to show editor widget value all the time ? or it will be always reset to blank ?
because i wanted to show last entered value.

I know i can use Label widget or Button to show last value but this are the alternative for me currently.

Thanks
Anchit

Not done a float screen but is there a default value field?
You will want to load the program settings into the fields in some way like that I expect.

I remember I solved some related issue on 5.1.62. If you didn’t do so updating SambaPOS may help.

1 Like

dont use any automation, just use the widgets local settings and it will store the value and keep it there, i had the same issue until emre made some updates for .62

@emre I am using latest version 5.1.62 and my settings are like below :-

How can i show last value i put in program settings in same editor widget?

Setup a local setting name to store the value.

1 Like

@emre is there a reason it has to be a local setting? Working no something that uses global setting.

Yes. As global settings does not have a update cache for obvious reasons it generates a lot of network traffic to be able to sync editor values. Editing settings locally and updating global settings with a separate “save” function is a better practice. You can see how it works on reservation setup.

2 Likes