Enhanced Combo Building - Beta

This is not finished so no tutorial has been released and it requires new features currently being tested in Beta team but I cant contain myself and want to share with everyone what we have accomplished so far.

I own a Quick Service restaurant and something I have wanted to do is build a system to handle Combos. It needed to be fast, fluid, and easy to do with the customers flow of ordering.

I present to you what we have accomplished so far. Auto generating combos based on Product Tags. I will explain exactly what it is doing at a later date but I wanted people to see this exciting feature we are working on.

Remember this will be able to be customized to your specific needs nothing in what you see here is required if you wish for a different flow. This demonstrates what is possible though.

@Hasa @markjw @na1978

7 Likes

Looks really nice. :+1:

1 Like

Updated video on progress. This demonstrates removal of an item.

3 Likes

Gotta say I’m well impressed with how quickly you and emre have managed to put this together!! Absolutely no other pos could do this!!

This would work great for even the simplest of offers such as buckets of beer bottles etc, or mix and match using them as combos for a set number of bottles and if the number is reduced the offer is automatically removed

Auto removal of an offer before all the combo stuff created was a big issue and would have been really hard to accomplish, this wil make offers so much more efficient to both setup and process

Well done guys!!

2 Likes

Updated video showing it pretty much fully completed. Few things it is doing. It has a base combo price defined for the main items and they differ for example Cheeseburger combo is 6.49 includes fry med drink. Here it is:

Here is how a Patty Melt combo Looks:

Now lets get even more complex. Here is a Cheeseburger Combo but Milk Shake instead of Medium Drink

Lets get real funky and combine random stuff. This is the fun part:

3 Likes

One more improvement: Added dynamic naming of the Combo in the Group

5 Likes

The cool part about doing combos like this… is inventory tracking works perfectly for every item and order tags. I know I struggled in past to get inventory working for the clunky way I had to do combos.

3 Likes

@Hasa I know you were looking for ways to do combos in the past. You should check this out.

1 Like

I will add… you can modify this extensively. One common thing peple may do… I have mine set for 3 items… you can make it allow more than 3 items or less than 3 for combos.

2 Likes

Really looking forward for full tutorial…

Once the beta version that has required features is released as official version I will post it.

Its quite simple… only few actions and 3 rules.

Ive been watching your posts closely :slight_smile:
Sorry just been extremely focused on developing SalesForce for SambaPOS deployment in the U.S. The first thing im going to look forward to is an easy way for anyone to create combos on the fly. Maybe a configuration task that shows all active combos and lets you delete them… And another to let you add any type of combo.

Hi Jesse
could you please provide me with the solution

Hi Jesse,

Was there ever a tutorial for this posted anywhere?

Jim

On kb.sambapos.com there is.