Entity Screen: Automation Command to directly access tickets within an entity

Is there a way for me to use an automation command button on the entity screen to call {REPORT TICKET DETAILS} to obtain a ticket id. Then use that automation command button to directly open a ticket within an entity. I like the idea of have a “Table” entity, then having seats around that table which directly correspond to those tickets. I would also need to show the state of the ticket and additional information like user and amount.

I understand that it wouldn’t be possible to list all tickets (incase the user adds more to that entity), however I would have 8 seats around a big table and this would be sufficient. I would need help with:

• Getting the ticket id into the automation command value
  • Somehow limiting the id to a single id in that pull so I can assign it to each automation command

I’ve already created the rule and action and it works if I manually insert the T.Id into the automation command value. Maybe its not possible since really I want the automation command to act as an entity button for a specific ticket.

JCR

Using entity screen widgets you can choose what gets passed as a command value and use it in your automation.

It goes without saying that Ticket widgets will pass ticket data while entity widgets will pass entity data.

Use entity states for seats. And state formatting to show it. Name Stats as chairs and use Occupied and Unoccupied states

Like SEAT 1:OCCUPIED SEAT2:UNOCCUPIE
Use automation to set the states.

They would stay as unoccupied until a ticket and seat state is set. Then clear them on payment.

Hi @Jesse. States are brand new to me. Never had to mess with them yet.

A couple questions:

• If I applied entity states, are you saying I would need to create unique entities for each seat/table? How would this help separate orders within the ticket?
  • Would it make more sense to apply ticket or order states?
  • How hard it would be to loop through orders to “Print All” based on the seat.

What our staff really wants to do is to be able to enter in items onto a ticket and or multiple tickets and easily assign seats to those orders. They really want the order to send to the kitchen on a single print and they state that “adding” a new ticket during entry causes multiple prints. Another plus would be able to visually display the separate seats on the entity screen above.

Currently they enter all orders to a single ticket. After this is done, they then have to go move all orders to a separate ticket. This allows us to use the “print all” ticket process I saw by JRTech. I’m willing to implement anything however the primary needs are:

1. Separate table seats within the same “table entity”.
  2. Easy way to assign orders to a specific seat within the table.
  3. Easy way to print all tickets/seats separately within the table.

I’m happy to work on it, just need an idea to set me off in the right direction.

Thanks,
JCR

Here is a tutorial @Hasa made:

So I’m back on this topic again. I just deployed our new server with v5.3.6 and we’re having staff test it out. One of the questions was “Can we get our table screen layout to have seats as well as the table? This way we can sort orders a select seats as customers reorder or add on?”.

What the staff is looking for is someway to visually see tickets or “seats/chairs” visual including its state as well as the position of the seat relative to the floor plan. All the other examples on the forum include setting seat position during the order, but really a “seat” should be its own ticket. This is for settlement but also for easily splitting tickets.

First thoughts was to use a ticket lister, however this does not let you filter for entities so you can show all tickets for table B10 for example. Below is an example of using a report constraint to check for open unpaid tickets based on ticket entity and ticket tag.

This is using load ticket entity and change ticket entity. Issue is how to display seats with order information. Right now I have it displaying in the ticket entity. If you have any ideas how to make this work/better let me know.

seats