Entity Screen Tab Colour

would it be possible to have an entity screens tab change color when a new ticket is submitted? if im viewing one screen it would be good if I could tell when an order has been submitted to a different area… example… in the kitchen I monitor food orders but cant tell when new bar orders are submitted without clicking on the entity screen for bar… I don’t want messages popping up as these need manually clearing and get annoying.

any help would be great

thanks

Rob

Are you are using a Kitchen Display system? You might take a look at this if you are not. Easy way to be notified of incoming orders.

Edit: Rereading your post it sounds like you are using the display I may have misunderstood your intentions. Having the Entity button at the top light up to a color when a ticket is incoming sounds like a great idea!

Yes I have a kitchen display setup - with KItchen Orders ticket lister a bar order ticket lister and a counter order ticket lister. IT would be handy if I’m in the kitchen and have no orders that I can quickly tell if the bar or counter has orders so I can go and help out!

I can do it with message broadcast but I found that having to keep clearing the messages is a pain. it was just a thought really!

thanks for your input!

@emre is this something that may be possible in the future? if there is new activity on an entity tab the relevant tab changes colour ? no hurry just wondered if its possible?

hey @windinghouse… I hope previous issue solved and it is working fine. This is a great idea however I think it is a little expensive since we need to keep widgets running in the background to understand if there is a change or not. I’m not sure… I should test that.

Maybe we can do something to update button colors so you can update buttons with broadcast message. It will probably work better than show message.

You can make a custom screen view that shows all 3 departments screens on one screen. You could scale it so it holds more tickets per widget. Just an idea.

Could give it its own department and name it Master Ticket Lister or something like that. Or Kitchen Ticket Overview maybe?

Cheers for the suggestion Kendash - but I’m limited to the size of monitor in the kitchen and it gets too full with everything on one lister ( have to keep scrolling etc) I do have a screen with 2 listers which is just about manageable but 3 would be too much. also I have an html viewer screen which displays our cctv which I like to leave on when were not looking at orders, so it would be good to have the tab change colour… it’s a convenience thing so not an important requirement! SambaPOS does everything we could want it to do and does it really well! @emre yes all issues now are fixed!! and everything is running like a dream :slight_smile: thanks