ERP Integration

first of all I would like to thank you for this beautiful Solution I dumped Openbravo to use Samba
now I got more than 100 satisfied Clients but it became a huge necessity to find a way to integrate Samba with an open source ERP Solution
for example I got a catering Client that a stand alone POS solution will not be enough
my self Im an ERP Consultant and I tried to find an open source ERP solution that can be integrated with samba but with no success due to SQL DB limitation as the majority of open sources don’t use Microsoft SQL as DB other complicity that found Samba DB structure is very difficult to understand

my question is there any ERP solution that You Guys tried to Integrated with Samba or researched so we can dig deeper and take samba to a different level

it will be wonderful and samba will be invisible if we achieve that

Your Request is a good place to start a conversation on this very Topic.

I don’t see MSSQL as being a limitation at all. If you know SQL (the Structured Query Language for designing Queries), then you know SQL. Syntactical differences between one DBMS and another (i.e. MySQL, or DB2, or whatever) are fairly minor.

If the ERP is open-source, then the DBMS could be changed to use MSSQL. That said, you never know - the future could see support for more DBMS flavors in SambaPOS, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for too long. Which decent open-source ERP(s) did you manage to find?

Again, I don’t agree with you. The Architecture of the Tables is fairly straight-forward, and I have a very good understanding of how they work together and operate. It doesn’t look any different that any other Transactional DB Design that I have ever seen. It is completely different than a Warehouse DB design, but that isn’t what this DB is used for… it’s about Transactions, not Warehousing, and they are completely different designs.

1 Like

So what kind of integration you need?

I usually use Odoo ERP for my clients it uses PostgreSQL

what I would like to do Initially
-centralized purchasing
-Odoo will Handle warehouses
-when Sales done it will reflect in Odoo warehouse
-other things such as expenses, employess, etc Odoo will handle so no need to link it

the critical mission is to find a way to link products transactions

we can get Oddo source code so we can make it as part of Samaba

the big issue here to Make Odoo run in MSsql we must re-write the entire ORM layer of Odoo
Or make Make Samba run with PostgreSQL

will this option one Im still looking for other Solutions the reason I choose Odoo
-allmost Bug Free
-easy to use
-big community

one other way is 2 way DB synchronization but didn’t find a reliable way to sync between Postgree and MSsql

OK. Let me study it for a while. I’ll come back to this topic. I’m primarily focusing on improving SambaPOS api to do specific tasks like reading tickets, reading account balances, updating prices, etc… So we can export SambaPOS transactions to anywhere.

I think using same DB mechanism will not solve issue as two apps uses different data structures and we’ll still need a table based sync.

Feel free to keep sharing ideas.

1 Like

Hello Emre

There is a already connector available for ODOO

As a start, we can have some actions to be implemented to send data back to ODOO.

I am already using this API as well as one from Java as well. This is little complicated to debug it because you need to check the logs on server.

If you need an ODOO Server, I can send you an instance for you to try out.

Great. I think I can publish it through V5’s JScript so you can access that lib’s methods directly inside SambaPOS. I’ll note that but it will be awesome if we can get back to that topic after V5 release.

2 Likes

@
shadisaadi
how are you managing employees with oodo ? I think it would be a great feature to add by integrating ERP application with POS to take advantages of the warehouse features available with ERP software

Hi Allamiro
Odoo Got a full HR Module as soon we can link Samba POS to Odoo u can use all the modules at ur favor
the theory is simple now to make it work in real life that’s a lot of work

hi shmoulana

I don’t think actions and rules will do the job cause data should run 2 way
in theory it should be full integration and core modification for both parties

@emre is working on the API and we have powerful scripting support in V5.