Errors Importing Database

So corrupted backup then?

If that was the case would not have restored onto the other system. Plus more then one backup. Some are manual and some are the daily auto backups. Get the same error on all. Weird one

Good to know it works now. Also when I had this issue once before it just worked again with another backup, but it was weird because the “problem” backup would restore fine on another system. It very rarely happens, I wouldn’t concern about it. I backup and restore databases daily or more often, and I’ve only seen this happen once before.

Yes but the issue is not fixed. Still get the error

But you just said that.

Taking a new backup from current system is what Mark instructed. I did that and can restore from that. The backup I need to restore from still errors

For the purpose that you want this PC you will probably have to settle with the backup that does work. I dont think there is any magic we can do to make that backup work.

Did you ever try with MSSMS like suggested earlier? That may be your only route for that specific backup.

Current backup is the standard one for a fresh sambapos install so no good to me. The backup needed to restore is the database needed so guess will have to try the MSSMS route and hope that works. Thanks for your input and will let you know how I get on

So you couldnt do what he asked and take a backup from the main system that is working ok? I must be missing something because you said your wanting to setup a second PC in case issues happen again. I assumed your main one is working fine?

You said that so I would think you can just run another backup from that system. That is what Mark wanted you to try.

Yes main system is working fine. This will be a secondary backup system in case of a hardware failure. The other system i set up with the initial database Mark configured. That worked fine. When I tried to restore that same database on the secondary system I get errors

Ok so can you try running a backup from your main system and then try restoring that?

That is what I will be trying later today hopefully

1 Like

@Majid_Rafiq you said you took a new backup from the main system and restored on the secondary system and it worked? So this is no resolved. We aren’t going to look further into why the “corrupt” backup doesn’t work because it is just that, likely corrupt in some way. You don’t need it anyway, if you have this for secondary system, you would be taking a more recent backup to restore anyway. Just take a new one and it works then it’s fine. You told me you are backing them all up to Google Drive anyway now so it means if the main system fails again you have a backup you can take from Google Drive and restore to the secondary system.

And also like I said, worst case when I encountered this same issue before, using SSMS it restored fine. You have the secondary system setup now, worst case if you need to use it then if restore fails, just download SSMS then (or now even) and restore using that method. I am certain it will work without problem.