Find ticket on customer screen shows total but not the items ordered

Found something on my side. Everything with the user “Lucky” doesn’t show but any other user does. “Lucky” was a user from V3 days.

What does it mean… can you elaborate? Do you mean tickets created by user named Lucky?

Yes tickets created with the username Lucky. There is another user called user and all of the tickets created by user works.

Wait… there is no user called User on the backup you sent me…

Can it be because I zipped the db?

Uploading db not zipped into Dropbox.

No that does nothing to do with zipping. That backup is probably different than the database you’re actually working on, it has no tickets after 9 july 2015 and all tickets created by Lucky user.

@juan13rautenbach honestly I suspect a database related update might be the reason of it. You didn’t used import tool on a working database right?

When we finally got our stock sorted out I backed it up and ran the import tool against the database. Everything seemed fine, stock was in, sales could be made. I did not do the clear trans, as I didnt need that. Did I mess up my db like that?

Product import script does not clear any data, only imports but I suspected there might be an issue with product names or ids.

However your issue is different.

On your latest backup somehow orders table cleared and there are no order lines for tickets created before 10 july 2015. Seems like it relates with something did between 9-10 July.

1 Like

When I loaded his database on mine it reproduced. I noticed none of his automation command executed rules had the correct constraints…

I am still looking to figure it out but it definitely reproduced on mine.

There is a user called user on the backup he sent me. I assume its same one. His rules are all messed up. Constraints are missing from every rule. It looks like something got messed up.

@emre EDIT: once i fixed constraints everything worked just fine. Tickets showed up. His problem was the constraints got removed somehow on all his automation command executed rules. So when he would try to open a ticket they all fired.

So @juan13rautenbach to fix this you need to fix the constraints for your automation command executed rules. Go back in and add the custom constraint Automation Command Name Equals Blah where Blah is the name of the command. Example:

EDIT: That didnt fix them all it does seem he has some product issues as well.

I am not sure what caused it but I know the issue. The 1st entry for Orders starts with ticket id 16801 so ALL of the ticket Id’s before that are missing. Every ticket with orders missing is before Ticket ID 16801.

The sample ticket you showed us is ticket id 13909 for example so the orders for that ticket id do not exist anymore.

EDIT: Sorry Emre I see you already pointed this out.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your help guys. I still have the original backup of the db before we did the update so going to run this on SambaPOS 3 on my laptop and print all the tickets that the customers need more clarity.

Thanks kendash will look into all the rules again. Thanks Emre and kendash for the quick responses.