Fixing past inventory not setup properly

We took on a new client where SambaPOS was setup already, the inventory hasn’t been setup properly and they’ve been using since October 2018.

It’s retail so all 1:1 relationship on inventory products and recipes. Upon investigation, 22 recipes were missing (out of 112 products).

The client wants to be able to track inventory sold from day 1, but due to missing recipes it currently wasn’t showing correctly for all products. Plus, no inventory purchases have ever been recorded on the system, so all sold products show negative stock.

So the 2 things I want to do is:

1. Correct the inventory mistakes with missing recipes
  2. Somehow allow them to record previous inventory purchases, or at least to update current stock and assign a cost price against the previous sales.

So, my belief was I could fix the incorrectly setup inventory and recipes by doing the following steps:

1. Clear End of Day Records (Program Settings > Maintenance)
  2. Delete all Inventory Items and Recipes
  3. Create Recipes, selecting all products. This correctly adds inventory items and recipes for all 112 current products.
  4. Rebuild End of Day Records (Program Settings > Maintenance)

I thought the last step will go through and link up existing purchases and consume inventory using the recipes, however doesn’t seem to be the case - after completing the steps, all inventory is set at 0 (actually -) and all inventory consumption from previous sales “lost”.

I have a backup and currently just testing scenarios on how to fix this locally, so I can just revert back.

So obviously I did something wrong, but then how can I accomplish this task?

And, for the second requirement - how do I handle past purchase transactions so we have correct costs and current inventory showing?

Mark may be this topic helps you. Not the same condition i know but, i think you can try this.
But first of all backup your db. After process please give us more info

1 Like

Yes it worked by running the Fix End of Day records, so now the inventory is back and showing correctly against all the newly added inventory items and recipes.

However how do we now correct it so we can apply a previous inventory purchase to assign a cost for the items and correct it so all the current stock levels are showing instead of negative values.

I know we can correct with an end of day record to add “Current Inventory” but this won’t add any cost price to the previous inventory so they won’t have any historical cost details.

1 Like