Go Tablet Printing Issue

Thanks Jesse
They are all ethernet printers with this setup.

But what memo said just made me think.

I will try deleting the extra terminals that’s not in use tmr. And see if that will solve the problem.

this is what I was talking about when referencing the printer name:

2021-08-14_21;12_1628997123_Samba.Presentation

I don’t think unused terminal names would be causing any issues.

1 Like

Hi Memo,

I just checked them all, they are all named the same in all setups,
because the setups are based on the same database with modifications for each location.
Printing is never really much to modify when comes to printers,
as most setups are 1 terminal with 1 receipt printer + 1 kitchen printer.

And I went to check the unused terminals, after some evaluation, I also don’t think they are causing any problems unless they are inuse.

at this point, I think we can only hope that the dev team can make use of the log and provide some help to understand what is causing the exceptions.

I tested this and it’s printing fine with gotablet. There is something you haven’t showed us. I’m not sure what it is atm though it’s hard to tell.

It can be printer driver issue. What printer are you using and what drivers? Is it a cheap generic or a name brand printer like Epson?

Hi Jesse, thanks for the reply.

I am also wondering what is missing from this puzzle,
I have gone through the printing rules multiple times, to see if I messed up somewhere.

The printers are all branded ones, we don’t use any cheap printers,

Hi Sushi is using an Epson TM-30 as kitchen printer via Ethernet
Oba Leeds, the one with 10 tablets is using Sam4s GCube as kitchen printer via Ethernet
All takeaway setups are using Star TSP143iiiLAN as Kitchen Printer via Ethernet

I wouldn’t think if it is a printer driver issue as you can see, on different systems with different brand printers, they all have the same issue.

I start to think if it is somewhere I didn’t set it up properly?
I have been thinking about this for days now. just try to figure it out.
If you can think of anywhere I should double check, please do let me know.

Today I read an earlier post about a similar issue here but it is with Gloriafood. but I think remote printing might be handled the same by SambaPOS?

So, I have defined Department and ticket types at OBA Leeds, and I am going there this evening to test it out. I will see if maybe that will help? I will post back the results.

Also, If you are able, can I DM you a database backup for you to test with your end? and see if it happends? that might rule out if it is a setup issue or a sambapos issue.

to this point, tbh, I am thinking this is probably a setting issue. but I don’t know where I messed it up. :weary:

Do you have anydesk? I could remote in to the server and look.

I can set it up relatively quickly.

I normally use Google Remote desktop, cause its free :money_mouth_face:

One sec

Anydesk is free too :wink:

Is it? I thought it is like only free trail for 14 days then you will have to pay a monthly fee

No it works indefinitely

First thing I notice, It may not change anything, but you are on an older version of SambaIn. I recommend updating it.

You are also on a version of sambapos that is quite older now too. Current version is 5.3.6

I would highly recommend using Custom product tags for print mapping. It can greatly reduce your maintenance on printer routing in the print job. With a custom product tag you can use single Print Job mapping for those tags and when adding new products you can add the tag ensuring it will print properly without having to maintain a huge list of Product category mappings in the print job.

In Print Jobs where it says Product Tag you can map to a custom product tag by using Product Tag=Tag Name

Is there a specific reason you set High Priority to False for the Kitchen Printer action?

You have it set as demo printer to notepad. That will not work. Have you tried it with the actual printer? Or were you just trying to test something?

You have it set to the Star Printer but I do not see the Star printer installed in windows.

Let me know when you are available again. I see a lot of potential issues but I am not sure if its from you testing things or not.

1 Like

Hi Jesse,

After I arrived at the site,
I started to clear the system, as I left it in a state that is not its normal operation condition, thus, with the Printer template and such.

So, with that being said. I managed to get things printing,
but only from the Drinks printer in the bar,
I couldn’t help but to think this is to do with Chinese characters!!

As all the food has Chinese Characters as portions.
So it prints with a huge delay at the Kitchen Printer,
I am wondering if this is also the case with
SambaIN.

I will run some further test with the Go Tablet now, and see if things do get printed if I play arround with the printers code page.

but it is strange tho,
because, yesterday at the other location, the ticket was never printed, unlike what I am seeing now, that tickets do get printed after a like 5 minutes delay.

Very strange to me. but I hope that this can be useful to help determine the problem further.

Thanks in advance!

I have done this, thank you for the suggestion.

No I don’t remember I have ever done this setting on purpose, but I could think that this might be set due to mouse scrolling by accident. I have set it to true now.