Group items by tag on ticket for special deal/combo,

In our restaurant, we sell sandwichs and drinks. Now we want to create a combo including sandwich, side plate and drink.

For that, I added a menu combo, with submenu sandwich, drink and side plate. The difference on this combo menu is that we tag our item with “combo”.

To make the ticket more readable, I want now group my items by tag (combo is the only tag I use on the app) and add a subtotal for tag group (and remove individual price for items with this tag).

I try to use this following page but it looks I do something wrong as nothing is grouped:

https://sambapos.org/wiki/doku.php/en/grouping_on_ticket_printer_template

I added that:

[ORDERS GROUP | ORDER TAG]
{ORDER TAG NAME}

before [ORDERS] section but not working

Note that I use tag to create this special deal as I did not find other way to do, if someone know a better way to do, I would be happy to do so

A new combo setup I am working on.

3 Likes

I immediately remembered what @JTRTech requested for grouping menu items. Hmm… Do you have multiple menus here?

I have only one menu. And when I click on the menu combo, it open a sub-menu with products I can choose about doing that combo

@Jesse Looks amazing. How did you do it? If you could guide me a bit, it would be great :slight_smile:

It’s using beta features but we are close to a release so once the version is released I can share how.

1 Like

Looking forward to these new features @Jesse - I think we can manage with order tags for our combos for now but this organization and workflow will be nice!

really looking forwrd for this!!! looks amazing!!!

G.

@renallspark you are right, as we can link tag and Products, I did that and it works perfectly now :slight_smile:

How did you link the products with t4gs cn you show some screens?

Note that you can only link products created from Products / Product List. It looks that products created through Inventory / Products can not as they don’t appears on the list

1 Like

I know this is an extremely old topic, but I am trying to create a receipt just like above for items combined in to a combo with your later Auto Combo method. This combo method also looks pretty cool.

I’m mainly after how to construct this receipt.

Hi Jesse,

Any updates on this functions??

Thanks

Yeah I don’t use it anymore. This was a very long time ago.