GST Tax not printing with the subtotal

Hi can anyone help me to figure out how to include the GST tax in the Bill and also other details like restaurant name and other details.
My current template is

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<T>Ticket
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
{ENTITIES}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
[<J10>Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
<J21>Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}
<DB>
<F>=
<C10>T H A N K   Y O U

[DISCOUNTS]
<J20>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[TAXES]
<J20>Tax {TAX NAME} ({TAX RATE}%):| {TAX AMOUNT}

[SERVICES]
<J20>{CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J20>{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J20>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J20>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J20> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J20>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

You need to include {TAXES} tag in your template.

You can see a sample template here. See how [Layout] section includes {TAXES} tag.

Read Replacement Tags of this tutorial for more information about constructing printer templates.

2 Likes

Ticket templates are very easy once you pick up the basics :smile:
Best thing to do is spend say half an hour and maybe half a roll of paper experimenting with the formatting tags first and some of the template tags, once you get to grips with the formatting and the basics you will be able to visualize more clearly what your trying to achieve and build a ‘perfect’ template for your system.

Pretty much all of the template tags you would need are listed on the right next to the ticket template, have a good read through them for a start, many are fairly self explanatory especially with the short description by them.
Some sound similar but have subtle differences like some of the order line tags where its item price, line total etc.
Sometimes the easiest thing to do when you end up with a few tags which seem similar is add a few test lines with the possible tags you are looking at and something to distinguish which is which on the printout, then ring in a test ticket and print a bill, check order tags with prices etc and taxes.

Building a bit of a base of experience will help you when/if you come to wanting to be more creative with your template :smile:

2 Likes

@JTRTech Thank you for your tip I figured out how to print Tax including the Total.
And I also figured how to print Payment type on the Bill as well after its paid off but is there a way I can have the ‘payment type’ if the order is paid to be printed on the kitchen ticket as well just to notify the kitchen that it is a walk in order not a phone order so need to be prepared quickly. I have tried number of times in the kitchen template but its just not working can you help me please. This is my Ticket Template for the Bill which is working fine and printing all I need.

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<T>Ticket
<Cxy>Ambrosia Indian Restaurant
<Cxy>310/1-5 Woolgar Rd, Southside
<Cxy>ABN: 47 161 970 449
<Cxy>Ph: 07 5482 4446
{ENTITIES}
<L11>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
[<J10>Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
<J10>Total Incuding GST:|${TICKET TOTAL}
{TAXES}
<J10>Tax Total:|${TAX TOTAL}
<F>=
{PAYMENTS}
<DB>
<F>=
<C10>T H A N K   Y O U

[DISCOUNTS]
<J20>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[SERVICES]
<J20>{CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J11>{PAYMENT NAME}|${PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J10>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|${TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J20>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**
{ORDER TAGS}

-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J20> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J20>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

And this is my Kitchen template underneath which is not showing the 'Payment Type'
in case the order is already paid.
[LAYOUT]
<T>
<T>
<T>
<T>

<T>Ticket
<L00>Table:{ENTITY NAME:Table}
<J10>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>-
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
<J21>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}
{ORDER TAGS}

<J11>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**Void**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<L00>     * {ORDER TAG NAME}

A Big Thank you in advance…

@emre Hi Emre sorry to bother you again I have set up my Samba POS and it is ready to go I just need to know how can I clear all the transactions that I did from the last two days I mean to say delete all the stored transactions to date So that I can start everything fresh without affecting any changes that I made to the POS.

Manage> Database Tools and click in the clear transaction option. Backup first this will delete all transactions including tickets, inventory, accounts etc

If you are posting any form of code you should use the < / > button on the toolbar of the posting window.
Otherwise your code will be stripped of some of its content.

As for having payment type on the kitchen ticket template, there may be a workflow timing factor as kitchen print is sent at a different point in the workflow than a receipt is printed. Would need to look at this when I get home though as not sure that is a factor or not.

At first glance I cannot see anything about payment type on your kitchen template but as said the ‘code’ button < \ > has not been used, please repost your template then select all the text of the template and click that button, it will indent the selection and you should see it sw rounded in a grey background on the preview window.
PS. You did it on your first post :wink:

Tried it not happening I can’t even remember how I did it in my first post honestly. Sorry

[LAYOUT]
<T>Ticket
<L00>Table:{ENTITY NAME:Table}
<J10>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>-
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
<J21>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}
{ORDER TAGS}

<J11>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**Void**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<L00>     * {ORDER TAG NAME}

@JTRTech Hi Joe what would be the easiest way to have a instruction written under every item like I am using Samba in my Indian Restaurant and lot of people like different Heat for their food For Ex Mild, mild to med , med, hot etc.
I have tried the way of having each Menu Item modified by having different portion as Mild, MED or Hot but the thing is I have 60 items each for Dine In and Take Away. What I am thinking about is having buttons on the main screen to be able to do that. Is it possible.
Thank you for your help previously.

Order tags is what your looking for,
They show in the order line screen like portions and are mapped to product groups or individual products.
You can set min=1 and max=1 so only one is chosen and one must be chosen.
You would want to select the autoselect option on the product properties when adding to the menu so that the order line screen is shown when the product is added to the order.

Key terms to search forum for will be ORDER TAGS, am not at the pc and tricky to give link from phone.

Thank you so much for your help if I don’t get it I might have to disturb you again.
You guys are so helpful…

Hi @JTRTech I figured out how to do tags. Thank you again it was so easy to do. I am so happy.
Now all I want to do is the Kitchen Print to Show whether the order is already paid or not. And yes I want to clear all the previous work periods and transactions So that I cant fresh with this in my restaurant.
Many Thanks in Advance…

There are many ways you could mark at phone or walk in but easiest is probably a ticket tag.
If using ticket tag take note that ticket tags will allow the ticket to be closed without an entity as if it had an entity.
Other option could be to use customer entities for phone orders and table type entity for walk ins.

Clear transactions is a default script in database tools when you want to clear your testing sales.

2 Likes