Handeling Half Pints

trying that
so action - show message {SETTING:HP_Portion}
command show message
rule command = show message - action show message
?
dont get a message with this config

IGNORE THAT, SORTED

The best thing you could do is to create a generic Show Message Action for Debugging…

Then add the Action to any Rule you want to test…

half set the ticket title shell to HALF PINT to show if it is selected also

if there an event name which relates to changing menu catagory? ie if on draught menu doing anything other than adding a draught product would clear the HP_Portion setting?

Screen change?

Screen Change won’t help you in this case. Add another Rule for Order Added to Ticket, and specify the Group Code not to use in the Constraint. You may need to be careful to sort your Rules properly, so they fire in the proper order.

perfect hanks allot :slight_smile:

what does screen change relate to?

It captures a Screen Change event :wink:

TicketView is the POS screen. But it does not distinguish switching between Menu Categories.

1 Like

thanks, so does adding a product count as a screen change?

No, it does not. Take a look at the post that I linked.

back to half pint and happy hour, have slight glitch in half pint during happy hour.

have product added during time frame with two actions (pint and half pint hh price list) with constrains relating to the program setting of HP_Portion=Half

but even thought the happy hour rule is above the normal half pint rule while it is mapped it overights the happy hour half pint update

SORRY, IGNORE THAT, HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT ORDERS AND MANAGED TO SOLVE

1 Like

How would you validate if blank?
Am setting an open priced product for specials from blackboard.
Want to make rules etc that ‘Specials’ product automatically draws a price change from from NUMBERPAD.
Want to set a ask question message to say no price enetered when numbpad is empty,
something ;like ‘[NUMBERPAD]’==’’, whats the code for == blank?

Numberpad value is difficult to handle when used to specify a Price. Go about it a different way …

how are you able to change the colour of the background ? yours looks really cool.

I am using a new version. Version 5 it is currently in Beta Test. After the beta test it should release soon. We do not have any dates to give you however sorry for that.

oh sound cool, are there any new features that you could tell us about ?

Sure we have hinted out several but here is a good one.

Of course like almost all SambaPOS features this is just my simple setup for testing this. When v5 releases you will be able to setup whatever work flow you would want for Twitter Orders.

1 Like

please tell me there are sub orders coming @kendash

1 Like

Wow this is awesome. Could you please show me the whole flow on video or a couple more images. I would really appreciate it. I am too excited. By the way did you guys put any effort in making a customer drive thru screen possible in v5. Right now I got it working with live.js but its too glitchy sometimes it doesnt refresh the page as its supposed to. @kendash

You would have to refresh me the flow of a drive through screen. basically I clicked on cheese, Clicked on Hard, clicked on Yellow. Can make unlimited tags for tags for tags for tags and so on. I didnt put another example other than yellow I probably should have. But basically it forced me to choose hard or soft for cheese and force me to pick yellow I probably should have put another tag there…like White.

A drive thru screen would be installed outside where the customer would be looking at as they give their order to the worker over intercom. The screen would show a live ticket feed for the takeout station so they can verify all of their items and total as they are ordering.

But back to the suborders, what happened to the ketchup and all of the other condiments after you clicked cheese? @kendash

Also say that they clicked cheese by accident how would they cancel it. Or if they need to go back and change Hard to Soft after they already clicked it.

Also can you have prefixes on all those screens?