Handeling Half Pints

I do see @Jesse point too i dont think process wise it makes much difference but its your preference to do what you like and theres always people here to help you accomplish what you want

There you go @Jesse will have a solution for you, i really am going to bed now haha

again without being argumentative;

lol

That method
Pint: press product button (one press - majority of uses) say 80% on 100 = 80 presses
Half press half , press product (two presses) 20% of 100 = 40 presses

120 total

Defult Samba

With autoselect turned on
Pint: press product, press pint (two) 80% on 100 = 160
Half: press product press half (two) 20% on 100 = 40

200 total

without auto select
Pint: press product (one press) 80% on 100 = 80 presses
Half: press product, press product line, press half (three presses) 20% on 100 = 60 presses

OK so no auto select does come close but it is a go back to change method rather than a forward method which i feel is more distracting and less productive.

1 Like

I finally see what your saying. Yes its possible with automation. You have several things at your disposal.

Update Order Action allows you to change Portion of an order.

You have Order Added event in Rules.

That is a start. There are other things you can do to tweek it as well.

Obviously you would not set Auto Select.

sorry, just felt like i wasnt explaining my thoughts properly

thanks
will try these,
autoselect also makes updating product titles very hastlesome as youhave to go back in to menu item options and removing and readding the product to reenable autoselect.

EXCUSE MY SPELLING, ITS GETTING LATE LOL :smile:

Working on this at the moment,

Update Order Action changes all items to half pint, and if items non draught ie food causes a crash :-/

what event are you using? I mean when are you firing the action what rule?

You shouldnt need to change this much. What is the need to change this often? Do you change your menu often?

if i use autoselect option to try and simplify half pint portion it needs to be set after entering the product to the menu, the ales change regularly.

i tried using update order and portion name to half but dont know how to make it ‘toggle’ ie press the command for update order to set portion to half to next item only?

So your Ales on your menu change often?

What rule did you put your action in?

yes
if i can sort this half pint button it would bypass the issue and simplify update as would just need to add the product with pint and half pint price.

have update order action with portion as half and rule to action on button however it sets all beer to half and if non half portion item crash.

rule was just button = update order (half pint portion) it doesnt offer and options just constraint

You press button it sets a program setting of Half Pint. when you add order the Order Added rule checks that setting if it says half pint it sets item portion to half pint…

Screenshots coming up…

Create your button in my example its Half Pint mapped to Ticket

Create Update Program Setting action:

Create Update Order action:

Create Automation Command Executed Rule:

Create Order Added to Ticket Rule:
Custom Constraint:

{SETTING:HP_Portion} Equals Half Pint

This is basic setup. You may tweak it for your taste. You simply click on item and choose other portion if customer changes mind.

2 Likes

Amazing, thanks,
How would you make it so it only does it for one item following,
The seeing value would need to be cleared after one item?

Yes I am still posting screenshots watch it.

Sorry my bad :smile:

thanks again, just implementing now.

would there be a way to put this button in with/by the products? by the beers/just on draught category?

Yes you simply make a dummy menu item and set it to execute the automation command. Ill show example.

Sorry mistaken you can not do this yet. YOu can do something close with v5 when it releases.

Until then you have option of putting button on Ticket, or under Ticket or Under Ticket Row 2… Or on Order LIne.

I am not sure how your menu is setup however. Draught is a category?

fair enough, did notice v5 download popped up the other day for a while:-) cant wait, should be good.