Handeling Half Pints

A drive thru screen would be installed outside where the customer would be looking at as they give their order to the worker over intercom. The screen would show a live ticket feed for the takeout station so they can verify all of their items and total as they are ordering.

But back to the suborders, what happened to the ketchup and all of the other condiments after you clicked cheese? @kendash

Also say that they clicked cheese by accident how would they cancel it. Or if they need to go back and change Hard to Soft after they already clicked it.

Also can you have prefixes on all those screens?

Remember this is v5 its in testing a lot can change. Its basically just a simple way to handle modifiers of modifiers. Its the same thing that happens to the menu when you select an order for order tags. If they press cheese on accident just press close it will not add tag if you do not go through all the options.

To change the tag you just press cheese again and go through options again.

When your done with that tag it just goes back to main order tag screen where it shows them all again.

You can make unlimited modifiers of modifiers. I could have made another modifier for yellow even.

Wow okay, so I can have prefixes in them all then right? @kendash

Also you guys dont think I can get an install of v5 so I can apply this to my complicated setup and give my opinion on any tweaks it might need if any?

V5 is not released yet sorry. It is currently in beta and it shouldnt be too much longer.

Okay :smile: @kendash

Hi, I have followed your example above to set up a Half Pint button, but cannot fathom out how to stop it crashing when the wrong Product Group is selected. Other than that it works perfectly, any extra guidance you can give would be appreciated.

I have personally moved away from that method and use second menu listing then set the portion on the half pint button.

However your issue with the crash is easily solved, you need to adapt the order added rule you setup to change portion to half pint to firstly ignore products not in the draught product group but I also set it to clear the program setting also so it only works if the draught product is added straight away next thing after pressing half pint.

Bingo !! I’ve cracked it, it’s now working, I was looking in the wrong place, thanks for input

1 Like