Handling extra piece on products that have multiple pieces

@markjw I’ve fixed issue. However you implemented the correct solution. This is how it should be. Regarding inventory tracking you won’t map order tags to products. By using new order tag support on recipes you’ll define what Extra piece tag will consume inside recipe (eg. Chicken Tikka recipe). Quantity modifier of order tag will multiply inventory items.

1 Like

Ok that’s good to know if they want to use inventory in future. I haven’t used that part of inventory yet.

Understand for this one. But in general, if I put a Product linked on a order tag, does it consume inventory?

Well… we mapping feature does that so it should consume. Did you tried it and not working or are you just asking if it works?

Just asking :smile: haven’t tried it. Most of my clients using order tags for food don’t track inventory on food, and on drinks, order tags are not product related.

OK :slight_smile: It slightly changed with latest updates. Generally (not a rule) we map tags like drinks, deserts, etc. to products. (Stuff already exists in menus and can be sold separately). For tags like sauces, toppings, etc. we prefer recipe based mapping.

1 Like

I have same scenario items as above. PRICE=10, Pieces=2

I got this result:

But when I reversed the formula to [={ITEM TAG:Pieces}/{PRICE}]
I got this:

Exp:
[={PRICE}{ITEM TAG:Pieces}]= 10
[={ITEM TAG:Pieces}
{PRICE}]= 20

How can fix this?

Why would it be pieces/price?
Show your rule screenshot?

Capture3

I wanted to test all possibilities.

I found this weird from mobile client extra piece divided correctly but on sambapos not.Is it a bug here?

Capture4

It’s not going to be a reigonal formatting issue is it?

1 Like

Yes,it is reigonal formatting issue. The PC is english override formatting.Many thanks for pointing this.Cheers

How to show the total pieces of item menu in the kitchen printer.

Capture7

Capture6

Capture5

You would struggle as even if you merge order lines it would still return 3 lines (normal, 1 extra and 2 extra)
Expecting samba to merge these is asking quite allot.
You would be better off setting the product to be price of 1 peice and making the menu button automation set to 2 qty, then add prices with the +/- buttons when order selected. Then enable merge line on print job to make all together