Having to login to activate a lot

I have noticed that I am having to log in with the email address to activate, a lot.
It happens often. Why is that. Why cant it be just done?

What version are you on? Are you running multiple backups constantly or changing databases ?

Version 5.2.20

I backup the database every night at 3am. Scheduled backup.

Not changing databases often.

I take a backup from the live location and restore it offsite on a laptop to mess with it and tweak.

You never activate a license for there do you? Do you ever use training mode? Is it dropping activation ?

I never activate my testing set up.
I never use training mode.

At the live location I have noticed that I’ve had to sign in several times in the past two weeks and they called tonight, one station needed me to sign in to activate it.

It actually said trial mode? It was a terminal hooked to SQL server? It was not the server right? Server stayed activated but a terminal didn’t?

Here is the photo they sent me. This is a client station, it’s not the server, but yes I have had to re login to the samba market on the server last week to get it to register again.

Usually it can be caused if you restore database a lot. But this may be something else. Ive not seen that issue in quite a while. You can stop using database backup tool for a while and use mssms to run backups see if that makes a difference.

@VehbiEmiroglu any idea what could cause this now?

Are you manipulating settings file any?

Does ending a work period kick off a full back up as well? Maybe I’m over doing it with the 3 am automatic backup.

It only does if you turn that setting on.

No I’m not manipulating any setting files

Yes if you have backup on wp end option turned on it will do a full backup each time. Your only ending WP once a day right?

Pretty much just once a day. Did some testing yesterday and started and ended a period doing some testing, sometimes training.

It its running backups on wp end that could be your issue. That option works great if it’s done once a day. More than that can cause some issues. The main time I see this come up is when the backup tool is used multiple times.a day. Mssms backups are immune to it

1 Like

Ok after they close tonight I’ll turn the automatic action off and we will see how it goes.

1 Like

Yes autobackup sometimes do this. Please disable autobackup for a little time. We will solve this.