Head quarters and multi location

hi,
thanks for giving a demo version

we have 1 headquarters in A location 1 kitchen in Y locations and 5 restaurnts in B,C,D,E,F,G location
headquarters will be working on procurement and accounts activities and in kitchen location all the foods will be prepared at this location and its transfered to the restaurant location.so all the locations is now integrated

we need a centralised solution for our requirment

procurement has to be made in HQ and the inventory will be transfered to Kitchen location
kitchen location will maintain inventory and making of food based on receipee will be done in this location once the product is ready it will transferd to the restaurant location

at the end of the day all the activites has to be monitored at HQ

do we have solution for our requirment in samba POS

Umm as far as I know you could configure multiple computers to connect with a SQLExpress database trough Internet… in case you cant connect with cables. Altough I find this setup a bit unrealiable, depending on Internet stability and location.

In terms of Samba POS I am pretty sure you could do it that way, but I’ll let other members comment on this and give their input.

thanks for your comment

each location will have their DB independently and its all push and pull the data to HQ

I’d say you’ll need to create a custom integration for that process, you could develop a small application for that purpose and integrate it with Samba so that it works with the databases from each location. Probably @QMcKay or @emre could give you better ideas on this topic.

Samba will be dog slow using VPN or cloud based database, read a post somewhere where someone with a dedicated line still noticed lag.
I’m pretty sure emre has plans for a ‘chain’ module to offer something along the lines you talking about but expect this will be a long time to put together.

Your easiest solution is either remote login (RDP or teamviewer) if just checking figures.
You can setup a rule to print as email which would email you a report - say at EOD

This would give you sales data pushed over to you but would not be a two way sync.

The only solution I can think of is getting a professional Broadband connection to all locations, and use VPN to establish the DB connection. This is how Professional company’s and banks setup how they are working. Otherwise we could not withdraw money from any ATM worldwide.

Yes professional dedicated internet lines are the only reliable way however it’s extremely expensive. You need those type connections because they garantee an acceptable uptime.

There is no way to merge data when using separate database with SambaPOS. You would have to use the one database. So as mentioned above the importance of dedicated professional lines is crucial. If your link goes down you loose every restaurant.

Banks and other companies that do this have redundancies setup. SambaPOS does not have that capability.

Cloud based setup is planned in future but no timeline on it.