Help! Payment Sense PAC Gateway Login Problem

@markjw

Yes the admin pin issue.

Yes I agree it’s not likely to be a Windows version issue.

Something else is happening where the Gateway App Is unable to draw the username hence the admin pin does not work.

It has nothing to do with the username. The gateway app will look for the SambaPOS install and will connect to it, hence why I say something must be different about how you have setup SambaPOS.

Or it is a windows permission problem maybe, did you install it on an admin account?

Do you get any message popup when you open the gateway app?

@markjw

Yes installed on admin account.

No pop up.

Does the app need some sort of permission to pull data maybe?

Where can I check this?

I checked this for @Isaac, he had 2 copies of SambaPOS v5 (one was 5.2.18) installed on his system, the old copy was setup to use LocalDB and that was what the PAC gateway app was picking up. However checking further, the PAC gateway app was not checking the user profile sambasettings and only the programdata one. The programdata one was configured for the old SambaPOS install and the new one setup to use user profiles (most likely from following a guide about RDP setup).

I manually copied the user settings to the programdata location and PAC gateway app works now.

Obviously the PAC gateway app is now deprecated so this bug is not important now, but have advised that he can use the new version once it is officially released by SambaPOS, which he should do, but for now the PAC gateway app should work fine on his system with the change I made.

4 Likes

@markjw

Thank you Mark.

Identified and resolved the issue efficiently.

3 Likes

Hello @Isaac, The reason of the issue that you encountered later on (shown in the below image) was turning on the Firewall of your computer. Once we turned it off it started working properly.

2 Likes