Help with Custom Voucher Program

Need some help. We have a Voucher program where we work with the local city. The program is called Senior Resource. The way it works is, the city gives senior citizens 10 vouchers per month to come eat at the resturant. They have a special portion and nutrition controlled menu that they order from. At the end of the month all orders are tallied along with the voucher and sent off to the city and are invoiced.

The flow when someone comes in they are seated and they must state that they are there for senior resource. They are given a special menu by the hostess. They must then provide the voucher to the waitress before she can take the order and she must verify that the voucher is for this month. Currently we dont keep count of how many times someone has come in but it would be nice for the system to count this since they are only allowed and given 10 vouchers per month by the city. Once they eat thats it they dont pay anything the voucher covers their meal.

I need help figuring out what all i need to make this work.

Senior Resource Entities

• This is simple i got that created already.

Separate accounting and ticket type different department?

• This is my main question for keeping the count separate as there will be no price for these items.

Must be able to document the voucher number to the customer and the ticket.

• This will be part of the Entity im assuming and tie into the accounting somehow with a custom report?

Ability to only allow 10 tickets a month per customer.

• Not even sure if this is possible. Dont even know where to start to limit something like this.

Seperate Senior Resource Menu

• Got this created already

Do you not get any money for these meals then?

Not from the customer, but from the city. They a billed a specific amount based on how many vouchers are redeemed. It really doesnt matter what the order is because they are all billed the same to the city.

I get that but surely you want the order to have value.
Which then becomes a debt on an account which is then paid when you receive the money from gov.

Well the set price is 6.25 but the customer will never see that… in fact we will never print a bill for them so we can set that price for the menu items. We do not charge tax to that either.

You would pay it out with a specific payment type and do not map taxes to that. It would all go to a single account. Then you can give those reports to city. You can build a payment button into accounts screen so when city pays you, you would record that payment to the balance.

Correct… So i need to create a new account type… a new ticket type and a new transaction type? Im just trying to understand all the pieces i need to setup.

Does tax mapping have a payment type option?

So I setup a senior resource account type… also setup a senior resource voucher account… but for the transaction type im not sure what i need to set…

So Im skipping the accounting part for now… i need to circle back to it because im not fully understanding it… Now im trying to setup the entity types but when i try to create a entity its saying they already exist. Can you not have multiple entities with the same name? So if a John Smith is a regular customer but a senior resource or employee entity is also named john smith it wont let you create the entity because they already exist?

Never mind on the entity question i figured that out. Were going to have to get the city to create some kind of customer number for us so we can set that as the primary identifier.

You can not have multiple entities of the same Primary Key. So if you use Name as primary key then no you can not have two Johns. IF you use something unique like Phone Number for primary key then you can have multiple Johns as long as the phone number is unique.

1 Like

Look at this it may help you understand accounting better.

https://kb.sambapos.com/en/5-1-10-a-sambapos-accounting-system/

1 Like

Would it be better to add the Voucher Number as a ticket tag or ticket note… im thinking ticket tag right?

I know it used to be on here but can find or remember how to create the numberpad for entering the voucher number. [?Voucher No] Brings up the fully keyboard. If I remember right it was something like [?Voucher No((55,56,57|52,53,54|49,50,51|8,48,190))]

You can just add voucher number as entity to ticket.

Yea i thought about that but the Senior will already be a entity and each voucher number will be different. They get a booklet with 10 vouchers to use per month and they expire at the end of every month… Im open to the idea. Just need to think about it more how it will work. Deff will need to be able to link the voucher entity to the Senior entity tho. Right now we have to submit the ticket of what they ordered and the voucher to the city every week to bill them. Basically right now were generating a excel manual report with all that info and it takes alot of time… Its about 150 seniors in the program.

This basic prompt will give you a keypad

[?Voucher;;;OCN]

1 Like