Help with Report for Item Sales grouped by Menu item Group but with portion breakdown

i want to customize the item sale report for this particular department, to only report the items sold in 3 groups

Guessing g your referring to the item sales table at the bottom.?
Although you have already reported those groups in separate tables???
You would probably be best to create a custom product tag/field for departemnt and report using that field as constraint.

How else how can I show the grand total on the grouped sale report.please reffer to above screen shot,the grouped sale report just show the total sales per individual group.

I need to show the total sales of wraps,breakfast and deserts combined

As I said, either a separate product tag filter on new field added and set on products or you try using brackets and ‘or’ in there port constraints. Or you do a formula adding three report expressions - one per groupm

Simple just use this:

{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) and (MG=Breakfast) OR (MG=Deserts) OR (MG=Wraps)}
2 Likes

@Jesse would you not.need brackets arround the MGs like you would need in an action constraint or do reports act like match on rule contstraints of similar ‘aspect’?

Nope that report works. You have never needed quotes or brackets for expressions.

1 Like

thankyou this is what i meant,how about on the item sale report for the same ,is their a way i can adjust the items to view the sale for wraps,deserts and breakfast only

It’s the same report tag just use what I showed you.

2 Likes

This is what i want to achieve in my report, i would also like to welcome any person with a different opinion on how to achieve this
Cpt1

Cumulative total of what?
You have been given suggestions but don’t seem to be taking it forward.
Plus you need to show you template to go with it, else were just guessing.

Did you even try the report I gave you? It did what your asking.

@Breakfast,Deserts,Wraps,
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:|}

[$1 Sales:8, 2, 2]
>{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and (MG=$1)}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:'        '+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and (MG=$1) and O.PortionName!="Normal"}
>>Total $1|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) and (MG=$1)}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) and (MG=Breakfast) OR (MG=Deserts) OR (MG=Wraps)}

[Item Sales:8, 2, 2, 2]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.ExactTotal.Percent,O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Sum}
>>Total Sales||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum}

I am using the tag that Kendash posted to achieve the total sale of wraps, Breakfast, and deserts as shown above. The cumulative total of these three items is 3,650 going by the report above.I just want to indicate this is the overall total or the sub total of all the items sold in the three groups, i may add more groups in future.

So your not being clear the tag I gave you is working for you? What are you really asking help with?

@Starters,Kidz Corner,Out Door Games,Chef's Special,Salads,Soda,Omlette,Pasta,Fish,Desserts,Sides,Chicken,Accompmnts,
Juices,Cold Beverages,Snacks,Hot Beverages,Breakfast

[$1 Sales:8, 2, 2 ,2, 2, 2 ,2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2]
>{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and (MG=$1)}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:'        '+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and
(MG=$1) and O.PortionName!="Normal"}
>>Total $1|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) and (MG=$1)}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) and (MG=Starters) OR (MG=Kidz Corner) OR (MG=Out Door Games)
 OR (MG=Chef's Special) OR (MG=Salads) OR (MG=Soda) OR (Omlette) OR (MG=Pasta) OR (MG=Fish) OR (MG=Desserts) OR (MG=Sides)
 OR (MG=Chicken) OR (MG=Accompmnts) OR (MG=Juices) OR (MG=Cold Beverages) OR (MG=Snacks) OR (MG=Hot Beverages) OR (MG=Breakfast)}
>>Total Sales||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum}

Basically what I want is to edit the highlighted above so I can just view the total cumulative sales of the items shown in the report above

that is my report above,i just want to total up the respective groups

i tried what kendash had suggested earlier and you can see am not getting the expected result,could it be an issue with the version of sambapos am using.Am on version 5

@Breakfast,Deserts,Wraps,Whisky,Vodka

[$1 Sales:8, 2, 2,2,2]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:'        '+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and (MG=$1) and O.PortionName!="Normal"}

>Total|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) and (MG=Breakfast) OR (MG=Deserts) OR (MG=Wraps) OR (MG=Whisky) OR (MG=Vodka)}