Help with report

Hello I have a report which shows me all outstanding balances due. I need to filter this report for the accountant by date. I need to know what the outstanding balance was on a specific date. If I change dates it still gives me the same figure. The accountant needs to know what was the balance owed on the 31st Dec 2017.

[Customer Account Balances:2, 1]

>Name| Balance

{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:EC.Customer,E.Balance.sum:(ET=Customer) && E.AccountId>0:::$2>0}

{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:EC.Customer,E.Balance.sum:(ET=Customer) && E.AccountId>0:::$2<0}

>TOTAL|{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:E.Balance.sum:(ET=Customer) && E.AccountId>0:::}

[Open Layaways:3, 2, 2]

>| Total| Balance Due

>@@Openlayaways

I strugled with similar when trying to sort BF and CF figured for a debtors report on a system.
Balance type reports generally only returned current figure and didnt back date with report period.

REPORT ENTITY DETAILS report is useful to report Entity Data. You can’t filter customer balance on this report. Preparing a report based on Customer Account transactions and summarize transaction amounts will be a better idea. I prepared a report but.added few features to simplify syntax. That will work on next update.

[REPORT 2:2, 1]
@{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:E.AccountId:(ET=Customers):,}
@{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:E.Name:Entity.AccountId == $1}
{REPORT ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS: BBI.$1.sum:(STAI=$1):$2|{0}}

PS: Second parameter list is useful to capture Entity Name instead of using account name.

BBI (Balance By Id) returns transaction balance for the account id.
STAI parameter allows us the filter account transactions by source or target account id.

2 Likes