Hold Table Ticket

I tried IS NULL but that didn’t work for me. It was the only thing that did. but then thinking about it, if it said is not null that might’ve worked…

Matt

Neither would work as the TN() will turn the invalid entity name tag to 0…
Hence why it will always display the ticket in program settings as 0 not matches any of the numbers in the list :wink:

NULL would never fire. NOT NULL would always fire.

You would want to so {SETTING:[:Username]} IS NOT NULL

So if there is a table number saved it will open it.

And then change the rule for ticket closing to clear the setting if table is set.

Like these;

Ignoring the tag and you used entity instead.

bah still learning lol.

I’m sure ill get there 100% just getting to grips with some of the detailed stuff now I’m sure it wont be long.

Matt

1 Like

ill try that on my test machine sunday and see how it goes with my setup. If it works with what I do then I will probably change it all as it would be annoying having to add new table numbers all the time.

Matt

just to add, this was from a post I made the other day trying to get help in creating the scenario:

Dont worry, like you said it works for you :slight_smile: although think in the long run the issue will present itself

The issue im forseeing is a ticket keep opening on login until paid.

Best thing I like to do it base each segment/part of a setup on its own specific factor, be it state, tag or whatever etc.
Then picture that element as you go through all possible flows.
You ideally want a setup which is generally stand alone and ticket specific as much as possible, ie after the ticket is closed anything that needs doing is done, like the program setting etc.

Your setup was in theory trying to evaluate the ticket it was trying to open on login, it as far as I see is much more reliable to work that out before closing.
Like above, before closing the setting is saved or not so it knows what to do straight away on login.

.[quote=“GreatShakesBar, post:49, topic:10844”]just to add, this was from a post I made the other day trying to get help in creating the scenario:Switch User / BAR TAB integration[/quote]

Pretty sure he would have been referring to the before/ticket closing side of the flow and evaluating the constraint as a way to tell if table is selected or not

It defiantly cant be used on login 100% as there is no ticket to check the entity name of…

Thanks for this - I’m having trouble with the rule action constraints though, please would you be kind enough to copy and paste your constraint text on the rule so I can check for spaces etc. Also in your screenshot you have 2 SU Update Program Setting rule actions but I only appear to be able to add 1 - did I miss a bit of the setup?
I think I’m missing the action ‘SU - Display Saved TICKETID’ too :slight_smile:
Thanks again

You go to add another action and right click on the list and select show all and you will be able to add the same action twice.
This is where allot of the conveniance and power of using the [:xxx] in the action itself comes from. You can built reuseable generic actions and see all your settings in the rule rather than keep jumping back to the action all the time.

Show your constraints and will see if can see the problem.

1 Like

Thanks

'{ENTITY NAME:Tables}' != "||'{ENTITY NAME:Customers}' != "
'{ENTITY NAME:Tables}' == "&& '{ENTITY NAME:Customers}' == "
'{ENTITY NAME:Tables}' == " && '{ENTITY NAME:Customers}' == "
'{ENTITY NAME:Tables}' != "||" '{ENTITY NAME:Customers}' != "

This one is wrong… have ‘’ '{ on the seccond constraint after the or (||)

'{ENTITY NAME:Tables}' != " || '{ENTITY NAME:Customers}' != "

1 Like

Hows this?

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
‘{ENTITY NAME:Tables}’ != " || ‘{ENTITY NAME:Customers}’ != "
‘{ENTITY NAME:Tables}’ == "&& ‘{ENTITY NAME:Customers}’ == "
‘{ENTITY NAME:Tables}’ == " && ‘{ENTITY NAME:Customers}’ == "
‘{ENTITY NAME:Tables}’ != “||” ‘{ENTITY NAME:Customers}’ != "

No still there, the last one…

Still not quite working. I can close a ticket but it’s not recalled…

'{ENTITY NAME:Tables}' == "&& '{ENTITY NAME:Customers}' == "

That’s not necerserally this rule… check the program settings table to see if ticket id is being recorded as expected.

Yes ticket ID seems to be fine…
In the SU - Open Hold Ticket rule you have an action set called SU - Display Saved TICKETIT. I’ve replaced this with the action SU - Display Hold Ticket as there was no mention in your tutorial of SU Display Saved TICKETID. Was this correct or am I missing an action please?

These are correct …

Ensure an Entity (Customer or Table) is selected:

Ensure no Entity is selected:

1 Like

Thanks Q - can anyone confirm RE my last post about ‘display hold ticket’ and ‘display saved ticketid’. Are these the same or 2 seperate actions? If so I think I missing a screengrab of the latter.

Its the same action, display ticket and you give it the ticket id.

What happens when you login then, nothing?
Add a display message or ask question in the login rule to check the rule is fireing if the program setting is being save.
Put a setting tag for the ticket id in the message and will also reconfirm its calling the setting ok.