Hopefully a Quckie Question - Re: Ticket Lister Filter

yes, its simple. Under the mappings for the Entity Screen set it to * under Department and ticket type

Leave the Filter blank…
http://forum.sambapos.com/uploads/default/original/3X/d/7/d797543815789794d18d0f9e22f1b6511512ebe5.png

I will add one more complexity to this…
The field ORDER FILTER is ment to filter each line of orders? for example, could we add an expressionto filter all order that should go to the kitchen and not display the ones that should go to the bar?

THANKS!!!

G.

I have 3 departments and wish to display 1 department in 1 ticket lister and the other 2 departments in another lister. I can filter by using DepartmentId is 1 in the first ticket lister - but what would I need to type in the Filter field to show 2 departments?

Thanks

Rob

Try DepartmentId != 1 in other widget. != means not equals.

thanks @emre is there a document or somewhere for me to find all the expressions, syntaxes etc? to save me keep asking silly questions :slight_smile: I’m sure that you are a very busy man and can do without answering simple questions!

Thanks as ever for a brilliant system and great support!

Rob

@windinghouse this is not a silly question. That feature works more like a programming language and I wouldn’t think we can use != operator somewhere until someone asks a related question. Honestly I even don’t know all SambaPOS possibilities. Questions reveals them. So please keep asking :slight_smile:

That Worked! thanks @emre is it possible to add a filter to filter a product group? if so how ?

Thanks again

Not tested it but you can try '{GROUP CODE}' is 'Beverages' or '{GROUP CODE}' == 'Beverages' on Order Filter. You should type single quotes. Please let me know your result.

Perfect! both work :slight_smile: I now have 2 kitchen screens 1 with drinks and 1 with food :smile - the next thing I need to get working is that - we create a ticket for drinks and then add a ticket for food (on the same order) once the customer has requested the bill we ‘merge’ the tickets. However when I ‘Merge’ tickets the Kitchen status changes back to preparing. This then does not close the ticket once payment has been made.
I’m sure that this should be quite simple and for us is a great solution for being able to process drinks and food on the same order. Any help with the Merging would be great.

Thanks @emre for all of your help

I’m not able to test that atm but I think you can solve it by handling Tickets Merged rule.

I’ve tried changing the merge ticket rule in several ways - but nothing changes - no matter what I change or even if I delete the rule I get the following after I merge 2 tickets

each ticket shows like the following before I merge.

Can you PM me a zip file that contains backup of your database?

Hello @windinghouse

When you configure Tickets Merged actions like this :

That means Update Ticket Status to Delivered if Current Ticket Status is Delivered. You should use it like Change status to X if current status is Y. When both statuses are same obviously it doesn’t work.

To fix that either leave Current Status empty to always change merged ticket’s status to Delivered or configure Current Status properly.

1 Like

Sorry - that was something that I tried and didn’t change back when I made the backup… as it didn’t appear to make any difference what I changed the status to it always changed to ‘New / Preparing’ when I just wanted the merge tickets and the status to not change at all. Even if I deleted the rule it still changes to 'New / Preparing" ???

@windinghouse please clear current status values, try again and let me know your result.

@emre I apologise - cleared current status values and this now appears to be working :slight_smile: thank you for your help once again!

I’m almost getting there now! just a couple of other functions I need to get right if I get stuck I will post for help :smile:

1 Like

What syntax to use to filter only this current work period?
I use TicketDate is Today but still too many :wink:

Typically you would not filter Ticket Lister by this because you would not be showing finalized closed tickets here… is there a reason your wanting to show your finalized closed tickets? You may need to make a method to reset the State so the tickets do not continue to show on here once they are paid out. Or marked as done.

how can we add an OR expression in ORDER FILTER

i dont want to display drinks in kitchen screen and i have 3 groupcode. (beverages,fresh juices,misc)

this will answer ur question