How do I connect a client computer to the SQL server?

So I’ve looked around on how to connect my client computer to the existing SQL server and I’m lost. In laymans’ terms, Computer #1 (server computer, Windows Server 2012) has the SQL server installed and I’m trying to have Computer #2 (client computer, Windows 7 Ultimate) connect to Computer #1’s SQL server.

this link might help you connect the server and client workstation although the documentation was for v3 but the same terminology is being used here

hope it helps

Ok I will look into it!

Try this link I did:

Just remember use the SQL Authentication.

1 Like

Ok I think I need training wheels. I keep getting this response from the client computer:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Did you follow @pauln instruction?

Having the same issues as rightguys, i have try everything trying to connect my Client PC to the SQL database but nothing seems to work. My Server is running windows 8.1 and Client Windows 7, Sambapos 4.73

I am only a Version 5 guy but post your error message or window here so we can have a look?

https://kb.sambapos.com/en/2-1-6-how-to-run-sambapos-on-multiple-computers