How do I refresh widgets on my entity screen?

I’ve been browsing around and I cannot find something that answers this question. I’m sure it is a simple solution. So the problem:

I have two terminals in my dining room. I use a custom entity screen with widgets that are designated for tables. When I open a table and place an order, the widget changes color to orange, and it changes color to red when I print that bill. The problem that I am having is that it does not update these color changes on the other terminal. I can only see the color change once I do another task on that terminal; ie open and close a table, log out and back in ect.

Is there a way to have Terminal #2 display in real time changes that are made on Terminal #1?

I have been playing around with the widget properties. I noticed that there is an Auto Refresh option in these properties. The Auto Refresh is checked and the time interval is set to 0.

Thanks in advance to any guidance.

Message Server needs to be running on the server terminal and each terminal, including the server, needs to have the Messaging Client started.

There are a few Topics regarding this, including the following, where it walks through several possible pitfalls that may occur when trying to get communication working properly.

One major thing to note in many of the discussions is that the Message Server Name is no longer simply:

SERVERNAME

Instead, it needs to be prefixed with http:// as such:

http://SERVERNAME

Also, when setting the Port for the Message server using the Service Tool, you should append a + symbol to the end of the Port Number, for example:

9000+

However, when setting the Server Name and Port within SambaPOS Clients (including the Server), do not use the + symbol.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I’ll give it a shot

Does the “Auto Start Message Client” need to be checked on each terminal?

Yes, it does. The Server Terminal is also a Client.

Think of the Message Server as a separate program (because it is) that happens to be running on the same machine that you call the “Server” where the DB is installed. The Message Server listens for events raised by connected Clients, and broadcasts messages to all Clients so that screen updates happen.

1 Like