How do I reset admin pin/password?

Hello All.

We are using V3, but I need to ask…
The administrator left the company and we cant go add users or change settings because we cant login.
We have a user login PIN but not the main admin PIN.

Is there something I can do to change the PIN so I can get the system updated.

Thanks in advance

Suz

You will be able to get the admin PIN from the database. But we would need to know what version and database type you are using before I can advise the next step.

After you login to SambaPOS, double click the logo in top left of the screen, this will make the screen into a window. On the title bar of the window, it will show the version and some other info. Can you take a screenshot of that and post here please?

Hi, I just changed the original post. I found it was V3
However, the exe is in a directory for V4 but displays V3.0.35 BETA - CE

Addendum… Double clicking the logo as per you instructions did not show a popup or other screen with info. So cant tell you the DB

That’s a bit odd. Possibly it’s not an official version you have and something that has been modified (V3 is open source after all so it is quite possible).

This forum is meant for V4 and V5, however what you need to do will be same in V3 so its fine. You are using SQL Compact Edition database (CE). You will need to download “SQL Server Compact Toolbox”

The tutorial below is not related to this, but you can follow the steps how to download the tool and connect it to your SambaPOS database. Follow the steps in this tutorial from the part that says “Screen shots for exporting SQL CE data to SQL Server Express”

After you got to this step:

Expand the database tree and you should see a “Users” table. I don’t have the tool installed but if you right click the Users table you should get some options one of which will be to SELECT rows, that will display the contents. You will see the username and password for each user stored there.

Thanks. I’ll give it a go. I’ll report back later.

Just an image I found on another website…

So if you right click “Users” table, you can then select “Script as SELECT”. You may then need to click Execute on the toolbar to run the query.

1 Like

Hi Markjw

Sorry it took a while.

Yeah… it worked a treat.

Thanks very much for your help.
I’m a happy bunny. Problem solved.

1 Like