How do i tailor SambaIn to my setup?

I was skeptical about the GloriaFood Integration before I bought it because all POS setups are different from person to person. It’s hard to make a single program to work for hundreds of users.

Is it possible to tailor SambaIn?

I want SambaIn to:

• only put the Customer’s phone number as the Primary Field of the Entity. (It seems to cram all of the customer’s data into the Primary Field)
  • Not to include the +1 for the Phone Number
  • Use the existing Entity Field for “First Name” and not “FirstName”
  • Defining Ticket States for Pickup orders and Delivery Orders
  • Defining Ticket States for Cash Deliveries.
  • Use Ticket Tag for printing Customer’s Address.
  • Use Ticket Tag for Tips, not Ticket Calculation

Questions about SambaIn

• Can SambaIn be run as a Windows Service, so that it works even when Windows is logged off?

Is any of this possible, or is it better to use GraphiQL?

SambaIN cannot run as a Servive.
And it also use graphql commands for communicating with SambaPOS
Other issues: I will check and return to you.

What I meant was that is it better to use the Integration Guide that Emre made because you can change every detail of the integration and it runs as a Windows service.

Thank you very much.

You can use the guide Emre wrote but it was bare bones. Any other features like promotions etc will need to be added by you. I am working with @VehbiEmiroglu go mature their app and it’s just about to the state it supports every feature out of box.

Emre version used the direct create ticket gql but the Samhain uses the terminal function meaning it will trigger rules etc

I thought that you could register a session as a terminal, so it could trigger rules.

You can but the guide Emre did does not do that. You would need to rewrite it. Basically the guide would be useless because you would have to redo all of it to use different GQL. It may give you a start though. I wouldn’t attempt it unless your fluent in that.

Hi,

I just found this topic. I accidentally started a new topic with exactly these issues.

Did you find the answers?

Regards,
Michael

Yes, the solution that I have right now is good.

The official GF integration, SambaIn, has changed a lot since I used it 2 years ago. If you’re using right now and you think it’s lacking something, I would ask the Support Team to amend it.

Hi Rightguys,

what is your current solution? are you still running gloriafood?

Regards

@compwize can you explain to me what you need that sambain doesnt provide? We have a new version that covers almost all issues that have been reported. IT would be nice to know what you still need so we can improve it.

Hi Jesse,

I only have couple of issues of how the fields gets populated in Sambapos through Sambain.

I’m going to try my best to explain it to you:

To my understanding Sambain feeds [FirstName] [Last name]-[Phone] to the default customer field
Example in attached image John Smith-61415000000

The problem with this format is in the event of an online order, samba looks for to see if the customer already exists, it does that bu doing a lookup on [FirstName] [Last name]-[Phone] if it finds it then will create the order
but if it doesn’t then it will create a new customer.

It is not as easy to have the worker entering:

[FirstName] [Last name]-[Phone]
[FirstName]
[Last name]
[Phone]
[Email]

Maybe we are doing something wrong, we aren’t sure.

The reason it uses that format is so it stays unique and there is a way to sync it somewhat. Unfortunately there will not be a way to truly sync customers between the two systems since we do not control GF. The primary field was setup that way so it universally will work with any setup.

It does add other fields so you can use them to get a better looking more organized setup.

Maybe you can automate a system that your employees just enter a name and a phone number and it will auto populates the primary field with the format to match. But even then we can’t do much to prevent someone typing a wrong number.

There is no system to perfectly sync them since it’s two systems that don’t speak.

I didn’t say it was doable I said maybe. I mean you can try something. This is an advanced request something you would need to pay someone to do for you if your not capable.

Yes that would work, anyway you can share how to do this please?

The best option is to just deal with the few extra customers. There will never be a way to truly sync those customers because our systems don’t speak to each other.

If SambaIn doesn’t work out for you, then you will need to create your own integration or pay someone else to do it.

Search the forum for a topic called Integrator’s GraphQL API Guide for help.

I love seeing when people can create integrations its totally awesome. I do not think anyone can create what he is asking though. There just is no way to be sure all customers will sync. Someone will make a typo and it just wont match. There is not much we can do about that since its two separate systems.