How do i tailor SambaIn to my setup?

The quickest fix for that would be start a new entity type and use a script to import over current customers with correct fields instead of trying to modify all of them.

Our problem too is if GF decides to change something then we start over again. But luckily chances of that are slim to none.

Me personally I dont use entities for calll in orders. Its too slow. I use ticket tags. I use entities only for online.

But I do not use loyalty system or anything that needs customer entities for non online customers. My loyalty is built in for online customers only. It helped me manage the # of calls we got and we now get more online orders than we do call ins which helped us be faster and more efficient. Less time on phone.

Im not saying you should do that. I just illustrate that every business is different. It solidifies the idea of having a setting for Primary field in sambain might be best

Yes I agree having a bit more control on the primary field in sambain, this will make life heaps easier.

Since I’m relatively new to samba, would you be able to share some screen shots please?