How do you clear Editor Widget Value:Setting

Don’t think so - I can post a GIF, but the steps are:
Enter Widget Value say “123”
Press an Automation button from when you are inside the Widget
No Update.
I assume (and where we may be talking 2 different things) is when I press the Automation Button it loses focus right?

What button? I’m talking about passing value to another widget. Btw it’s hard to really understand without knowing what your doing.

Ok I will drop a GIF… give me a few minutes.

@Jesse see GIF bellow:

When I enter “123” press Enter, THEN press “Add Product to Order” - Good.
When I enter “567” BUT press “Add Product to Order” straight away - Bad.
(The 3rd Popup is after I press ENTER on “567”)

I have a Display Message showing the Value of [:CommandValue] and {:IVProductCode} - which is Local Setting Value for Editor Widget.

[EDIT]
I have now tried ACTION:Refresh Widget Cache after I have tried Updating {:IVProductCode} to BLANK but the Value still persists.

11.50pm going to call it a night.

So why are you passing it as a local setting and using a button? Just use Command Name and no local setting pass the Command Value into the rule for Show Message.

I will give example:

@emre I see what he is saying though from my own testing clicking an Automation Button Widget does not drop focus from the Editor Widget as result it will not pass the value forcing you to press Enter on keyboard and then clicking the Button for it to work.

2 Likes

Button does not capture focus for a good reason. So we don’t need to click on edit box to type next value. I think sending enter key with action will work.

2 Likes

Thank you Emre that is what I figured it has been a while since we discussed this feature. So @pauln you should set it up to behave like how its working in my gif above. Pressing enter triggers the command with the command value of what was entered. Label Widget is reading value from local setting and editor widget is updating label widget.

Yes thanks @Jesse (and Emre).

I just used your method in the GIF and since we need a or to trigger the Rule it works fine.
I guess I was looking for the traditional workflow:

Enter Product Code -> 'Is User Happy with Input?" i.e. no Typo’s etc -> Confirm by press Command Button.

This also means I can have Editor Widget but 2+ Command Buttons like “Add Product”, “Delete Product”, “Some Other Action Product” - working off the same Editor Widget.

Even though using the Editor Widget Command Name works really well for say a Cash Counting screen it my case maybe not.

I will investigate Emre’s link and consider maybe adding a Prompt screen like “Do you wish to Add, Delete, OR…, CANCEL” this Product Code.

Thanks for your guidance.

For what your trying to do I would think Task Editor widget and tasks would be better.

I think with @QMcKay summary on proposed Inventory enhancements - I totally agree.
So for the time being I will hone my skills using these Widgets as this was my first foray into building a decent Custom Entity Screen.

You knew it was going to come right :grinning:

1 Like

Ok after all that I forgot to resolve how to we clear the Widget Value for an Editor Widget?

You see @Jesse using your method (using lost focus to trigger Command) means that if you wish to perform a different task YOU MUST clear the Editor Widget Value otherwise you will get another Command being executed?

I have tried ACTION:Refresh Widgets but does not work.
The Value is a Local setting so {:IVProducCode} seems to persist even if I use UPDATE and reset back to BLANK.

Any thoughts?

That was based on old info. You should just press enter and you can keep typing. No need to clear it.

Well you need to clear it if you wish to click on another Widget? (If you have a Automation Command applied)
It may not be an issue as I am currently discovering the Custom Keyboard Widget and this provides most of the functionality I need.

I suppose the “Tick” & “X” are only available in the Menu Editor right?

Also what’s your theory on providing the full “Qwerty Keyboard” touch keys? It takes a lot of space…

So @emre and Rest

Not quite sure of the best implementation here? Here is a new image of a very simple Edit Field (Editor Widget) to perform some functions:

So my Questions are:

1. Is there a way to clear the contents of the Editor Widget once processing of any Rules have been completed? I could use Key Codes and “stuff” <backspace> into the keyboard but how many do I do? 10,20, ?? - not really a solution.
    I have tried resetting the Local Setting attached to the Widget but this is I think I different element.

2. I have used Custom Keyboard Syntax: "Add Product=Automation Command:Command Value" as you can see from the image. This is not a solution, however, as <ENTER> is not effected and the Local Setting is not updated to any new vaues entered. I assume this is correct and works the same way as my “Add Product to Order” - Automation Command Button shown above in the image?

3. Your solution (this link) does not work or I cannot get it to work as using Set Number Pad Action and sending Key Code 13 does not effect a “lost focus” or <ENTER> for the Editor Widget?

Regardless of what I am trying to do with this screen ultimately - I would like to understand the Editor Widget and the best way to use it.

So the only way I can implement a small operational flow such as:
Enter a Product Code or Some Text THEN choose to ADD it to the Data or DELETE it from the Data is to rely on the User pressing <ENTER> on this Editor Widget.

My resolution will be to ONLY use the Command name on the Editor Widget to call the RULES.
The Rule will be a QUESTION: Do you wish to ADD, DELETE, or CANCEL.

Therefore as I cannot automatically clear the Widget Value (nicely) AND if the user inadvertently presses another non-Automation Command Widget they will not accidentally ADD/DEL a product. I think I could do a lot more with the Editor Widget is I could easily reset the “Value Buffer”. RULEs could be constrained if say VALUE was BLANK…

That is my take on an Editor Widget.

Can you PM me your database backup?

1 Like

So I changed the configuration a bit: Removed “Add Product Button” and “Custom Keyboard Automation Buttons” as trying alternatives.

I have found a new issue unfortunately - when I Update an ENTITY Custom Field referenced on the Report Viewer Widget - the Report does not refresh the new data after refreshing the (middle) Report Widget?.

Is it a cache Action required?

OH: Bar department -> Utilties Ticket Line to bring up screen.

You need to refresh the screen for it to update.

In the past we just navigated to same screen. But it seems there are some new actions to help with refreshing widgets here is one I just found and had no clue it was there.

I knew about this one but it came AFTER we were messing with this feature.

Before these refresh actions we did the same thing by just navigating to same screen again. BTW navigating to same screen would probably reset Editor Widget.

So if I close the screen and reopen the report has the latest data. So how to I “refresh the screen”?
Ok I already have that "Refresh Custom Report Widget being called.
I have added a Refresh CACHE Action now - just before the above action as well.

Running out of options.
Umm I will try that last one “Refresh Widgets”…

LOL you missed the biggest portion of what I said. [quote=“kendash, post:24, topic:9580”]
Before these refresh actions we did the same thing by just navigating to same screen again.
[/quote]

So use the Navigation action and set it to load same screen. I know that works its what we have used since before those other refresh actions existed. Ill be honest I have not tested those so I am not sure how to use them correctly.

Oh really? So after every Add Product I need to call Navigate? Ouch…
I will try “Refresh Widgets” and pop up a GIF of what running now except for the Refresh issue.