How to add 5% surcharge on voucher payment transaction

Hi,

I have a scenario when voucher payment proceeds:

Example :
=> Total Order is 20.00 (Payment Screen)
=> Composter gave me a Voucher (Meal Voucher) with Value 10.00
=> I tape 4.50 in Numpad then i hit “Voucher Payment Button”
=> I need to add 5% charges to Voucher Payment Transaction
=> So Voucher Transaction will be 9.5

What is the best way to implement this please?

Thank you in advance.

If meal voucher has a value of 10 why are you only deducting 4.5?

Also, do you mean to add 5 when using a voucher or 5% because the example you gave above adding 5% to 4.5 is not 9.5, you’re actually adding 5 there and not 5%

What’s the reason for adding a surcharge for a voucher payment?
Do you want the surcharge to be a percentage of the total transaction amount or a percentage of the voucher value?

Thx a lot for the fast replay, great job u doing guys !!!

actually i need to update my question :

Example :
=> Total Order is 20.00 (Payment Screen)
=> Composter gave me a Voucher (Meal Voucher) with Value 10.00
=> I tape 10.00 in Numpad then i hit “Voucher Payment Button”
=> I need to add 5% charges to Voucher Payment Transaction
=> So Voucher Transaction will be 9.5
=> and left to pay is 10.5

What’s the reason for adding a surcharge for a voucher payment?
Answer : In my country when payment is with Meal Vouchers we surcharche (x%) and that depends with diffrent type of commerce.

Do you want the surcharge to be a percentage of the total transaction amount or a percentage of the voucher value?
Answer : I want the surcharge to be on voucher value typed (Like the example above ).

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

No one anwsed my question plz help me save my day !
I need a simple action / rule snippet to help me add a ?% surcharge on numpad voucher payment taped.

thx

You can’t alter payment amounts with actions on V4. This may be possible by using script processors on V5 but your method sounds like a little wrong to me.

You want to decrease voucher payments by %5. How you’ll be able to fully settle $10 ticket with a voucher payment? If operator types $10 it will decrease payment to 9.5 and ticket will remain open. Do you settle surcharges with different payment type?

Probably because we can’t understand it. What your asking for is not typical and the way your explaining it is confusing.

I agree with Emre it sounds strange or maybe you are not explaining something. Can meal vouchers pay 100% of the ticket or are they always just partial payments?

I have heard of % transaction costs when using credit cards etc but those are typically not paid by the customer and are billed to the venue. So your country demands that customers pay that service charge?

Yes , I wan’t to decrease voucher payments by %5, this make my ticket remain open but the client need to complete payment 0.5 with Cash.

In my country (Tunisia) , Meal voucher like (SODEXO) not fully refund to restaurent so most restaurent discount ?% of Meal Voucher and depends on Voucher Company.

Thx in advance.

Still waiting for response !! :frowning:

This was your response …

1 Like

I still couldn’t understand how it will work but that can be a possible setup for V5…

This script will decrease %5 from tendered amounts.

function surcharge()
{
  var t = Data.Get('tenderedAmount');
  t = t - (t * 0.05);
  Data.Set('tenderedAmount',t);
}

Confirm function is useful if a confirmation is needed.

This is how a payment processor for Voucher Payments is added.

This indicates $10 will be tendered as 9.50

When voucher button clicked 9.50 tendered and 10.50 remains.

PS: (That will work fine with .60 release)

2 Likes

Thx for the replay, in the 59 version throw exception : " Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation " in Payment screen.

thx

1 Like

3 Likes