How to add a terminal to SambaPOS

thats what i do…however, it gives error

Can you show the error? Also show us the connection string from the New Terminal.

i can see/access various folder to / from both PCs, but SAMBA connection doesnt work

sure…give me second

So that rules out network issue. It means your network is working great so its more than likely a SQL server configuration issue. Likely permissions.

Here is a wonderful resource for you as well.

Now am on terminal PC

Ok that looks good can you show the error message your getting?

BTW on the new terminal change Terminal Name to something other than Server.

To do that go to Settings > terminals and create a new terminal then go back to Settings > Local Settings and select the new terminal for Terminal Name.

feeling ashamed to tell that it looks working now !!! please let me be sure in minute

1 Like

YOu may already know but dont be confused by Message Server saying its not connected that actually is different and has nothing to do with the Database.

This Explains message server.

1 Like

its definitely working…however, the issue will be there when i will disconnect wifi and connect the PCs through network switch

Are they on the same network?

When you connect it to the switch via cable what is your error message? That could be a firewall issue or blocked port etc. Could be a number of things. If its working via wifi but not cabled network then its not a SQL Server issue or a SambaPOS issue it sounds like the switch or something hardware based.

currently (when its working) they are on same wifi. however, there is no internet at my restaurant. so i netwrok PCs through network switch. they connect and can see/access each others files/folders

Read through the common problems post I shared a few posts up. It likely has a fix that will work for you.

fine. let me read through that. however, please help on the other issue…convert CE to SQL. I did as per tutorial however, it gives error

I cant really help if I dont know the error. Can you show that?

i tried on 3 different PCs…same error on all