How to Copy Customers Entities Data

Hi, I has more than 1000 customers in my Customers Entities and now i have an other restaurant so i need to copy my existing Customers Entities to my new restaurant Samba while i am using SQL Server 2014

1 Like

If it was first thing you did you could have restored backup from first system before configuring for new place.
Again is it was before any other entities you might have been able to export via sql the entities tables but one entities are created you might get issues with ids.
If you can connect to both DB on a machine you could script to read and recreate entities on new setup.
I did scripts to update rooms entities from API info from booking system on my hotel setup but that doesnt create entities, just updates existing ones but sure it could be done.

There is a way to export them. When I get home I’ll show you. But you need to copy the entity type settings exact.

2 Likes

Would be intrigued to see if that’s the case, entity types and screens are in export and config task but couldn’t see entities themselves.

All you need to do is create a data export report that exports them in the format that Batch Create Entities can use. paste them into there.

1 Like

LOL, now you say it it’s obvious and think I’ve even done it that way before too hehe

I try my best to copy entities but i cant do. can you please guide if you have any easy way.

Can you show what you tried?

OK OK Ill do it for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is an example data export that exports a batch import format for Customers entity type and it exports the Entity Name and custom field for Phone. You can literally copy the output from the txt file it generates right into Batch Entity import. You can customize this how you need.

#Customers,Phone
{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:
	E.Name,
	EC.Phone,
:
:{0},{1}} 

Go to Settings > Entities then right click in the entities area and choose Batch Create

Would look something like this:

1 Like

So for example if you have an entity type of Banana with custom fields for Phone,Address,SnakeColor it would look like:

#Banana,Phone,Address,SnakeColor
John Doe,323423423,123 don street,graygoose

The export file report might look like this:

#Banana,Phone,Address,SnakeColor
{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:
	E.Name,
	EC.Phone,
	EC.Address,
	EC.SnakeColor,
:
:{0},{1},{2},{3}} 

After exporting you will get a txt file that you can just copy and paste into batch entity screen.

2 Likes