How to Correct Inventory Mistakes

I just started using Samaba POS v4 and I made a couple mistakes with inventory such as pricing. Is there a way to correct the mistake without having to clear everything out? As an example, I tested out potatoes at 4.00 dollars for a pound. Later, I looked up the actual price with the edible yield and it came out to about 2.56 dollars for a pound. When I went to change it, the price in my Warehouse was changed to 2.69 dollars a pound which is the average of the two original prices.

You probably made a mistake with portion prices. Can you provide some screenshots so we are sure of what your talking about?

I think your referring to something else and not actual price… do you mean your cost? Are you talking about Menu prices or the price you paid when you purchased something? Are you talking about inventory setup?

Do you mean fix mistakes with purchases if item was setup wrong? You cant delete transactions once work period is closed.

If your just testing and are not live yet yes you can clear transactions using Database Tools Module which is optional paid module for v4.

Or you can run this SQL Query.

:warning: This will clear EVERY transaction including sales and purchases but will not delete items or inventory setup or settings. BACKUP your database first just in case results are not desirable.

DELETE FROM [TicketEntities]
GO
DELETE FROM [Tickets]
GO
DELETE FROM [InventoryTransactionDocuments]
GO
DELETE FROM [InventoryTransactions]
GO
DELETE FROM [AccountTransactionDocuments]
GO
DELETE FROM [AccountTransactions]
GO
DELETE FROM [AccountTransactionValues]
GO
DELETE FROM [Calculations]
GO
DELETE FROM [CostItems]
GO
DELETE FROM [Orders]
GO
DELETE FROM [PaidItems]
GO
DELETE FROM [PeriodicConsumptionItems]
GO
DELETE FROM [PeriodicConsumptions]
GO
DELETE FROM [ProductTimerValues]
GO
DELETE FROM [Payments]
GO
DELETE FROM [WarehouseConsumptions]
GO
DELETE FROM [WorkPeriods]
GO
UPDATE [Numerators] SET Number = 0
GO
UPDATE [EntityStateValues] SET EntityStates = '[{"S":"Available","SN":"Status"}]' Where EntityStates like '%Status%'
GO

I did mean cost, not price. Sorry about that. I just need to know if there’s a built-in way I can correct this stuff without everything being thrown off. Like I said, I put the cost of buying potatoes at $4.00 but then when I found the actual cost to be $2.56, I tried to correct it but the Warehouse shows it as $2.69. Is there a way that’s already built into Samba to correct this or do I have to use SQL?

Can you show screenshot of your setup and illustrate what you mean? It helps us understand the problem better.

Unfortunately, I’m on a different computer currently than what Samba is installed on. I’m not sure how much clearer the issue can be made with a screenshot as the screenshot would only show you what it currently is and not what I had it set to before I ended the work period of the previous testing.

Example: I’m trying to learn how to use Samba POS v4’s inventory management portion. So, prior to consulting my book of yields because it hasn’t arrived yet, I arbitrarily decide that a pound of potatoes will cost me $4.00 a pound. I end the work period and everything is saved after I have already purchased about 10 pounds of potatoes at the $4.00 a pound price. The next day, my book comes and I find out that the price of potatoes is $2.56 a pound so I start a new work period and buy 10 more pounds of potatoes at the price of $2.56 a pound. Now, I go to my inventory to see that I have 10 pounds of potatoes in stock and 10 pounds of potatoes in the buying/bought column. However, the price column lists the price as $2.69 rather than $2.56. I’m curious as to why it’s showing the average of the two prices rather than the lower one that is correct and most recent, and why I’m unable to delete an end of work period report.

It averages because first purchase was not at the lower price it would not be accurate if it just took last purchase for cost.

Okay…so, why is there no way to correct it outside of an SQL query program? That kind of solution makes it seem like you have to be proficient with SQL in general to understand what you’re doing and not mess anything up.

You can use end of day records to adjust inventory to 0 then next work period you make purchases again with correct price.

The SQL solution was for something else. Your initial problem was hard to understand so I was guessing.

1 Like

Right but I can’t change the end of day report after closing the day.

The Averaging of Cost is by design, in an attempt to control rising (or falling) Inventory Costs. Using the “most recent” Cost is less accurate than an overall average Cost in most cases, over time.

Yes, you can. You change the amount of stock you have on-hand using the Physical Inventory column. This is most often used for making corrections to actual inventory “counts”.

Kendash is suggesting you set the Physical Inventory to zero for the item in question. Then next time you open a Work Period, create an Inventory Transaction containing your “real” count, with the proper Cost.

1 Like

Try changing last generated item from Inventory > End of Day Records list.