How to... Kitchen Screen

Thanks for posting the images.

It looks like you have 3 print jobs running.

The first one is probably the default print job, to a printer.
The second one is probably from Q’s tutorial.
Not sure what the 3rd one is.

Can you go to Main Menu → Manage → Automation → Actions and open each of the 3 print jobs Actions and show a screen shot of each one.

I am pretty confident what is happening is print job action is firing for every order each time the ticket is closed. The action has the ability to filter when it is suppose to fire, when an order is certain state. Since, the closing rule print jobs are all blank, there is no filter. I want to look to make sure the State Name is defined the action.

1 Like

Hi @Bob_be I’ve been trying different configurations for days. If you notice something that can generate this behavior we try some other configuration. I thank you for all the help. For my part, I am reviewing those configurations, but I am in the first days and I do not understand much.

Great, your actions looks good.

Open up the KD Ticket Closing - Update KDStatus - Beverages (Print) rule.

• The first execute print job we are going to turn off by placing a 1==2 in the constraints.
  • The second print job action we are going to type FNotPrtinted in the state field.
  • The 3rd print job we are going to turn off also by placing 1==2 in the constraint section.

The reason we using the constraint 1==2 is we are telling Samba to only fire when 1 equals 2. Since 1 will never equal 2 it will never fire. If, in the event you need to turn it on, simply clear out the constraint field.

z2BroYfXOo

• From the image above, we want to print any new items. New items have the state of New and FNotPrinted. We are only concerned with the state of FNotPrinted (Marked with a 1.) These are the items we want printed/displayed on the Kitchen Display.
  • After the order has been submitted (ticket closed) the order state changes from FNotPrinted to FPrinted. When an item is in this state, the order will not print again, because the print job is looking for a state of FNotPrinted.
  • 3. There appears to be an error somewhere in your setup. Usually there is not an equals sign in the state. The # might be causing the issue. not sure. We can circle back to that after we get kitchen display working.

Make the above changes and see if that fixes your display issues.

1 Like

I made the configurations that you suggested, but if I put 1==2 in the first or third, it does not show anything on the kitchen screen when sending an order.
Leaving the FNotPrinted filter in the second one, there is no change to how it was showing the entire order.
Anyway something is confusing me. I think I’m going to start from scratch again, because I don’t want to drive you crazy with this topic. Thank you for the pacience!

We are really close. If you have not started over yet, lets try using the 3rd print job. Remove the constraints of the 3rd and put it in the 2nd.

Also in the 3rd print job put this in the orderStateName field: KDStatus
and the orderstatus field put this: FNotPrinted

Are you using the kitchen display for Food and Beverages?

1 Like

It worked with this last configuration!!! :smiley:

Now what happens to me is that the tables do not change color when they are “occupied” (they do when the bill is printed or when they are available). As for the states, I got a little confused because I imported a Cash management configuration that is in English and I have the configuration in Spanish, so some states, rules and automation commands were duplicated. But I’m going to check it out. 100% grateful for the kitchen monitor solution!

Great! Glad to hear it!

You are correct, this is an entity state issue. Put a table in one of the non-color states, then go to Main Menu → Manage → Reports → Add Report. Enter this into the report section and preview it:
{ENTITY STATE BY NAME:Tables.<table name>:Status}
it should look similar to this:
{ENTITY STATE BY NAME:Tables.Table 1:Status}
Its should display New Orders.

1 Like

Hi @Bob_be glad to hear you!!!
I was looking at the rules, but I have quite a mixture with the languages. In fact, for example table 2, although it is busy, in the report it tells me “available” in the status.

In your Rules for the event Ticket State Updated and show what is under there.
T2ERvFViX5

Here is a sample of the default rule:
xc6UWUdWMH

This action can be in any new rule you imported. With any luck it might another rule under Ticket State Updated.

The Ticket Status looks like it has extra characters (same text that was on you order states).

dbMFKuXRIL

1 Like

Brilliant @Bob_be . I reviewed the rules, I was able to spruce them up a bit. Now the tables are shown in the state that was needed.

Thank you so much for all your help! :smiling_face:

2 Likes