How to print to Label Printer

Hello i am a new user to Sambapos v4 …Now i try to find the way to print my kitchen bill to TSC label printer. Any way to set size and does it can be print as sticker using TSC Label printer?

Setting SambaPOS to print to a label printer is just the same as any receipt printer (printer, printer template, etc.). However most label printers I have used don’t use the same ESC/POS command language (try first though - if it does accept ESC/POS commands your life will be far easier!), so you may have to read the command manual for your printer and send the correct commands to create the layout you need. Make sure you use the Raw Printer type if sending your own commands.

For example, here is a sample template I used to print only the name and order tags of an item on a label printer. It was a cheap model not a known brand, and I needed to study the command language reference to learn the commands to send:

SIZE 57 mm,37 mm
CLS
{ORDERS}
PRINT 1,1

[ORDERS]
TEXT 40,40,"4",0,1,1,"{NAME}"
TEXT 80,160,"3",0,1,1,"{ORDER TAGS}"

[ORDER TAGS]
* {ORDER TAG NAME}

As you can see it’s a little more complex than a simple receipt printer template.

As an alternative, you can try using HTML Printer or Document Printer printer types and search forum about using them if needed, if the printer accepts those layouts then it might be easier.

You can find the following topics as reference as well:

(from this post #41 onwards)

Also this guide is for V3 but still relevant: Barcode Printing Tags [SambaPOS V3]

3 Likes

thank for your help i will try again …thank you very much but one more question do you know any way to show the customer display on a normal pc monitor

This has been answered already on forum.

For V5:

For V4:

2 Likes

thank you again for your help but …does it work with version 4 and 3 or not …sorry i will test but just ask to make sure …

one more i find my Label User manule here http://www.tscprinters.com/cms/upload/download_en/TTP-244pro_user_manual_E.pdf

My Model is TTP -244 Pro

Please help me to code in the template what should i do ?
i try to follow this but it still not work

SIZE 57 mm,37 mm
CLS
{ORDERS}
PRINT 1,1

[ORDERS]
TEXT 40,40,"4",0,1,1,"{NAME}"
TEXT 80,160,"3",0,1,1,"{ORDER TAGS}"

[ORDER TAGS]
* {ORDER TAG NAME}

He specifically showed what version each one was for.

For version 3 support you should go to www.sambapos.org

You linked a user manual, this contains nothing about how to send commands to the printer. It will only tell you how to set it up, etc.

Here is a programming manual for TSC printers:

On page 11 it shows your printer TTP-244 Pro supports TSPL2 language, so this guide is suitable. Briefly looking through, it looks quite similar to the example I gave, so my first question would be - are you using Raw Printer type in SambaPOS like I mentioned previously? Also, what print out do you get from the printer when you try? You should let us know and also upload a photo of it.

If my example doesn’t work after that, please take a moment to refer to the command guide I linked, it explains how to print different layouts on the printer. Honestly it can take a long time to get it working perfectly, even myself I only did it as a proof of concept and was happy I could get “something” to print, then I know for future I can work more on it if need be. Unless you are lucky to find someone else on the forum who has already done it for your or a similar printer model, you will need to try yourself to get it working.

1 Like

thank you again now label can print …but can i use customer display with version 4 or version 3
i can not find “Customer Printer” in my Samba market …how to config it via version 4 or 3 …
and one more now i use version 3 how to remove all samba logo in a source code …
if you can customise please let me know …because i don’t want to show sambapos to my boss and also report it also show sambapos and power by samba…

thank you for your kind if any one can customise to change samba to our logo please let me know …i can give some spending …

Like I said he told you what versions the tutorials were for and for v3 support please go to www.sambapos.org

Wouldn’t your boss want to know what software he is using?

yes i know but i just ask because prefer to use version 3 and now i just test with version 4 …in version 3 i can change something but version 4 can not …my boss want to pay to remove logo and word related to samba in report because he said he need the report to show his company name not samba …thank in advance if you can help …

This forum is for helping those genuine users who want to use the software for either their businesses or honestly run their own business offering SambaPOS software to their customers (and charging for their time to provide such service). Removing the SambaPOS logo in V3 then pretending the software was created by you is against the open source license you use the software under, and also very dishonest.

1 Like

ok i got it …this just my boss suggestion to remove report text “samba” and power by …ok i got it
do you have any way to make a customer display in version 3…

Read all above posts. Then, ask yourself if you need to ask this one more time? :wink:

1 Like

ok i got it thank you …sorry for some ingore now i can make sure to choose which version can use to fit with my Company is V5 can have enough feature for me …
thank you …

1 Like

i will purchase and activate for v5 …i love sambapos so much

2 Likes

sorry for make question again …i try with this code it work but i think i can try to change the font size but now not good with your this template code

SIZE 57 mm,37 mm
CLS
{ORDERS}
PRINT 1,1

[ORDERS]
TEXT 40,40,“4”,0,1,1,"{NAME}"
TEXT 80,160,“3”,0,1,1,"{ORDER TAGS}"

[ORDER TAGS]

• {ORDER TAG NAME}

i get result (see my picture)
with link
[enter link description here]
(https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TBMsWAYX8MQ/VtB-C-eZVzI/AAAAAAAAAtM/EeaSnMGLXQU/s1600/IMG_0937.jpg)
As in the picture the Drink name and topping are far line and
Drink name font are too big please how to format text line ,position,
font-size in this template

Can you please to explain how to format to make it like this one

Ticket No: 30 Table: B12
Date : …
[Drink Name]
[ Qty of Topping] [Topping name]
----Thank for your kind a gain for your help--------