How to refresh entity button widget on custom entity screen?

I have an entity screen with entity buttons mapped to table entities.

For dine-in tickets processed via the API, I want to refresh the widget when the order is processed.

I have the name of the widget set to the same as the entity name.

I want to trigger a refresh of just that widget when needed.

I pass the entity name into a broadcast message. The proper values are passed into the rule.

The refresh widget action isn’t refreshing the entity button. I tested with an automation command button to trigger the refresh and it’s still no luck.

So, what am I doing wrong?

TIA

Did you try shutting down Samba and restarting Samba?

On the entity button properties, do you have “Auto Refresh” checked and “Auto Refresh Interval” set to “0”? Also, double check the name is there. I’ve had where I named a button and did some more editing. Then after what you are going through, notice the name was not there.

Also, for the entity screen itself, are you using Custom Mode or Layout Mode? Try switching the other for testing to see if that makes any difference.

Restarting Samba doesn’t change behaviour.

Auto refresh enabled on all entity buttons, interval set to 0.

Name is set properly on button and verified in debugger that name is passed as it should.

No change when entity screen is layout.

I use refresh widget on ticket listers for various entity screens without issue. Only the entity button seems to be wonky.

I don’t think you can refresh just that button. You must refresh the screen for those.

I have to agree; I’m not having any luck. Oh, well.

Give your widgets names and use Refresh Widget Action

1 Like