How to send a break line character in the middle of "Order Name" to a ESC/POS printer?

I cannot find a way to send a break line character in the middle of the “Product Name” in the sample Ticket Template. I tried \r and < br >. I am using ESC/POS printer mode. I would like to predefine when a ln break is in the itemized order, so that the English and the Chinese can be printed on two different lines.

Template(basically copy from the one that comes in the download:
[LAYOUT]
– General layout

<EC> 
<XCT>28,112,1,0,48
<EL>

<L11>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
{ENTITIES}

<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
[<J10>Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
<J10>Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}
<DB>
<F>=
<C10>T H A N K   Y O U

[DISCOUNTS]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[SERVICES]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J00>{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<L10>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J10>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

Not sure you can, an alternative way is rather than adding the chinese on the end of the product name setup a producy tag called Chinese Name, then in each product setup screen put the chinese name in that field and save

Then in the printer template under orders add { ITEM TAG:Chinese Name } and it will print that underneath the order

Can you show your template please?

Item tags are the typical way of handeling multi languages for products that I have seen and would make this layout pretty simple to do.

On seperate subject, is that a pipe character after the Chinese? ‘|’ think you might have an issue on your template, show the teplate… Be sure to select all and click the code button on post toolbar as forum will strip the formatting tags at beginning of lines.

Template added in the original post.

I will try the tag again. I must not have used the method correctly earlier.

Am I supposed to edit add/edit a Product Tag with the “Product Tag Editor”? When I use the tool I can only get to add the Tag “name” like “Chinese Name” but cannot add the content like “馄饨面”

You would just J rather than L if you want to use pipe charictpor for table layout on orders line.

For tags, you need to add custom tags on the program settings tab of settings which will add custom columns for product tags.

##Define Product Tag Caption

##Use Product Tag Editor to set values

##Use {ITEM TAG:X} or {PRODUCT TAG:X} in your Template

[ORDERS]
<J10>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
<L10>             {ITEM TAG:Chinese Name}
{ORDER TAGS}

… or …

[ORDERS]
<J10>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
<L10>             {PRODUCT TAG:Chinese Name}
{ORDER TAGS}
1 Like

Thank you. The illustration above does it for me. Now I will go back to remove the Chinese in the “NAME” field and also work on the buttons to reflect the changes. Hope I can solve them on my own -keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like