How to send only certain orders to kitchen

Hi All,
I’m setting up Samba POS v5 for my takeout restaurant. I followed all the helpful online documents and created a Kitchen Track screen and it works fine. Right now, all the orders are being displayed in the Kitchen Display. However, I don’t need the ready to go items like desserts / pop that do not require kitchen staff involvement to appear on the Kitchen Track Screen. I only need those orders which contain kitchen prep item to be sent to Kitchen Display / go through the kitchen -ready-delivered… status changes. Right now even if someone ordered just a water bottle, it requires kitchen staff intervention to change the order status to Ready.
Could you please let me know the best way to to achieve this.? is it ticket type/ticket tag settings?
Thank you.

It’s order level so won’t be ticket anything, depends on how your setup is, kitchen orders are usually done by print mapping but few ways to do kitchen screen so depends what route you took.

You could build a KDS with ticket/order states. If you use ITEM TAG as Order state you decided which products you want to show in your KDS.

1 Like

@JTRTech , Thank you for your reply. I have done kitchen printer mappig for only kitchen items. So that is working perfectly. Its the Kitchen Display that I have to figure out. So by Order level, you mean to add order tags. Where do i define that only certain order tags need to be sent to KDS

@Gurkan , thank you for your reply. Could you please point me to some documentation to do this.

You’ll most likely want to use order states. With a rule subscribing to the “Order Added” event, you can specify constraints by group name and/or menu item name. You set a particular state for those (don’t use Status) and then edit your ticket lister template to not print any orders with that state set.

Example:

Any items in the groups selected will have the order state “Quick” set to “Quick”

2021-05-19_08;16_1621433765_Samba.Presentation

then in your template use something like this:

[ORDERS:Quick]
-- nothing

to not show anything for ticket orders where order state “X” (quick in this case) has value;

@Memo Thank you. I will try this out.