How to show discount price in ticket?

With reference to this tutorial,

How to I show the price of the discount in the orderline?

Thanks!

Have you tried using the { DISCOUNTS } function that is in the regular bill template?

If you add { DISCOUNTS } anywhere under the [ LAYOUT ] section without spaces in your ticket template, and then follow up with the following at the bottom of your template.
Do make sure your calculation name etc. are set up the same here as they are in your system (language, spelling)

[DISCOUNTS]
{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

That Tutorial uses an Order Tag for the Discount on the item, so if you have an [ORDER TAGS] section and an {ORDER TAGS} placeholder in your Printer Template, the discounts should print. It does not use Calculations, so a [DISCOUNTS] section is not what you need in this case.

Show your Template.

Hi @QMcKay,

I am using the Ticket Template as-is.

For your refence:

[LAYOUT]
– General layout
Ticket
Date:{TICKET DATE}
Time:{TIME}
{ENTITIES}
Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
-
{ORDERS}
=

{DISCOUNTS}
[Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}

=
T H A N K Y O U

[DISCOUNTS]
{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[SERVICES]
{CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
– Default format for orders
- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
– Format for gifted orders
- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|GIFT
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
– Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
– Format for order tags
* {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
– Table entity format
Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
– Customer entity format
Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

What I want is for the Order Price to remain the same and the 50% Discount Order Tag to show a deduction.

For example:
1 Bagel $50
*** 50% Discount -$25

I did try to modify the action to update [:NEWPRICE] into “Update Order Tag Price” event, under “PRICE” but doesn’t work.

Ok, so you don’t want to change the actual Order Price in your case. You want to leave it as-is, and have the Order Tag just show the Discount Amount based on the Percentage.

There are a couple ways to do that:

• calculate the Tag Price and Update the Order Tag Price (not the Product Price)
  • use the Order Tag Rate (V5 only, but simpler)

##DiscountPercent Tags

No Mappings.

##Action DIFP Discount Item Fixed Percent (Ask Question)

##Action DIFP Discount Item Fixed Percent Tag Order

##Action DIFP Discount Item Fixed Percent UnTag Order

##Rule DIFP Discount Item Fixed Percent (Ask)

##Rule DIFP Discount Item Fixed Percent (Apply)

##Template section

[ORDER TAGS:DiscountPercent]
<J00>   {ORDER TAG NAME}|{ORDER TAG PRICE}|{ORDER TAG TOTAL}

##Result

------------------------------------------
2  Coffee.Large             4.00      8.00
   *** DISCOUNT 50%        -2.00     -4.00
==========================================
1 Like

Hi,

Works well but have to remember to delete the initial rule that has the action “Change Price”.

Thanks a million!

so i did the solution here … my tag order work proprely with the discount , all my automation commend work but the price do not go down

1 Like

Q passed away unfortunately.
Can you show what you have setup and exactly what you mean?

1 Like

So here Its his…

Can Not send You more we just lost electrycity :woman_shrugging:

A ticket with it ‘not showing’ would be good when electric back on

I Will take a vidéo, Its like my buttons when i “Ask” do Not have value

OK, show the automation command executed rule for ‘%Discount (Apply)’ command name from the ask question?
Can see an automation command button in the list with that name… did you set that in order to get it in the dropdown selection? You know you can freetype in the box, you dont need to do that and select from drop down.
Im guessing you have misunderstood that part of automation command name in the ask question action.
You dont actually need the automation command to be configured (ie creating a button) its just a command name.
You do however need a rule listening for that command name, and in that rule would be your tag order action. Then in the action fields [:CommandValue] will be the value passed from the ask question command based on the button pressed (the = value for the pressed button).

Van Not send thé video

Ok, if that mapping is that rule you have no mapping so rule wont fire.
Also your tag order action is only setting the tag value which in your case is that name/label of the tag.
You have nothing in price/rate… so it wont have a value… unless I’m missing something.

Ok but my value is in my order tag and whats work whit it… so what can I do for make IT work? sorry for my bad English I use a translation …

Your action is outdated, you need to remove the apply tag action, save the rule, then edit rule and add it again.