How to turn off the "refresh" feature in the order screen?

OK, thanks for the GREAT hint!

It is the Close Ticket action that caused the “screen” of another terminal to refresh. That means, the “ticket lister” on the left side of the order screen is auto updating. Therefore, if I can turn off the ticket lister or remove it from the order screen, my issue will be gone. Can someone point me to where to remove that function?

There will be a Rule that contains a Display Ticket List action in it. Disable that action in the Rule.

You can constrain the Action with 1==2 to disable it.

I have verified that the NEW order/ticket is not closed but just “hidden from the screen”. When I click on another food item, the order screen with the original items(at the same NEW state as before) are still on the screen plus the one that I just clicked.

My current solution which may have other implication in the future is to turn off the Message Server client. Without Massages communicating between the terminals and server, the order screen will not auto update thus solved my issue in the meantime. However, by doing so, other features I did such as the “ALL Unpaid Tickets screen” and “Kitchen Ticket Lister” will not update as well so I still need to find a better solution.