How to update Product Tag using action

I attempted creating an automation around group tags too. It applied it ok but it doesnt arrange them under existing group tag. And when it prints it just shows first chosen group tag and all other items underneath the same group tag.
So it would print
------Entree-------
Xxxxxx
Xxxxx
Xxxxx
Instead of
----Entree----
Xxxxxx
Xxxx
—Mains----
Xxxxxx
Xxxxx

The ask question applies group tag correctly but doesnt sort them nor prints them as above.

So i know im missing either 1 or 2 rules or a printer remplate format im not aware that exists

@Shivan give me a sec and ill send you some screenshots of my setup which works pretty well.

[LAYOUT]
<C00>
<C00>
<C00>
<C00>
<C22>ORDER {TICKET NO}
[<C01>{TICKET TAG:Covers}
{ENTITIES}
[<C00>Package: {TICKET STATE:Package} ({TICKET STATE VALUE:Package})]
<C00>
<J00>Date:{TICKET DATE}|Time:{TIME}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<C00>
<C00>
<C00>
<C00>
<C00>
<B>
[ORDERS]
<EB>
<L01>{QUANTITY} x {NAME}
<DB>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS GROUP|ORDER STATE:Course:Starters,Mains,Desserts]
<C00>
<F>-
<C11>** {GROUP KEY}  **
<C00>x{QUANTITY SUM}
<C00>

[ORDERS:Void]
<J10>{QUANTITY} x {NAME}|**Void**
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<L00>     [=(TN('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}') > 1 ? ' {ORDER TAG QUANTITY}x ' : '    ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<C22>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<C11>Customer: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Room]
-- Customer entity format
<C11>Room: {ENTITY NAME} - {ENTITY DATA:Guest Name}
1 Like

The patch order adding and taking away triggered the refresh of grouping as although it had been changed it didnt visually update.

Another thing was the order of groups on screen was defined by the add time of the oldest item in each group so changing the first order (starter) to a main would move mains to first group due to it then having the oldest order in it.

Although it seems the grouping on screen has broken since version I created this flow on…
They dont seem to group anymore and each order has its own group :frowning:

Thanks for showing me your setup. Ill attempt this method on a test device to see how well it works and what i can do to make it work well for many cases im handling at the moment.

Ill have to show some screenshots of what ive attempted so far.

Some clients like the line seperator method, but i cant make print the command value for some reason.

Im afraid of order states but ill give this a go. Im certain there are methods without use of order states but the deeper i dig the more i find order states been the best method.

Im just more confident using other none order state rules and actions at the moment haha

Don’t be afraid of order states. Rule of thumb just don’t edit or mess with default states. Also think out and plan the flow then try implement it. And always backup first. It’s a win win if you follow those basic rules.

Order states are vastly superior and allow very interesting flows.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Ill attempt to put something together and see how i go :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, I am also interested in this topic, I use the productag to print in kitchen and separate the main and dessert starters.

The problem is when the customer wants to change some main product and put it in starter, I guess with the rules that you have put before you could, right?

Are those rules only or do we have to take into account any action?

Could you show a video of how it works on the sales screen?

I find it hard to understand the order state :disappointed_relieved:

It would be nice to have an action to change product tag but maybe it’s not a viable option which is why they are suggesting to use order states. I will attempt to something together and if it works I will share it :slight_smile:

I don’t think updating product tag, at least for this purpose is viable. They are made to be static data about product. Updating to change course for a particular order one one ticket will effect orders going forward for one as they draw the changed data. Where as states was almost made for that exact purpose.
The point being and sounds a little obvious but product tags are for the products, order states are for the order, once added to a ticket the product is then an order.
While you can link back to the origional product for data (group, portions, product tags), course and changing it as discussed is order specific, just because customer A wants to have a main served with their starters doesn’t make the product a starter it just means that order wants serving with the starters that time.

2 Likes

lol No. I was working on something related.

On next update you’ll be able to do something like this.

2018-08-14_13-06-28

PS: New feature is being able to group ticket lines on the fly by order states.

5 Likes

Thats the use of group tags right? If it is, i tried using that method but they wouldnt group up like your screenshot and when i tested printing it would only print first group tag but not others. That looks great!

Yes it is group tags but I added a new action to simplify grouping on the fly by the order state. You can read more about it on beta release notes.

I thought so. I just looked at it now. I look forward to testing it out.
I appreciate your efforts greatly

Will that work on the Android Mobile Client?
I will be wonderful.

Unlikely, don’t think mobile client does grouping at all does it?

No the mobile client does not follow those rules.

ok :cry:
It would be interesting in the mobile client, since it is the waiters with the mobile client who attend the tables.

Thanks for the answers

where can I get a step by step instruction to recreate this ?

@vinchu888 JTR posted photos few posts above with automation. You should be able to follow it easy